• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Brownsburg residents are invited to be at the public library tonight at 7pm to share their opinions on the proposed shooting range in town.

Just thought I'd share this information I received from a local news outlet and I'm sure there could be a need for some rationally minded people there. Go get 'em INGOers.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm really thinking about going. I have a feeling there will need to be a voice of reason or two in attendance. Pending the CO's approval though, LOL

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Did some Googling. The would-be owner of the proposed range set up this meeting, and invited nearby residents so they could have their concerns addressed. Good move on his part.

RTV6 - Proposed firing range in Brownsburg has nearby residents fired up - Local Story

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...cerns-over-proposed-Brownsburg-shooting-range

Of course, the media immediately jumps on the negative spin. :rolleyes:

I'd love to be there, to show some support and help educate. Already have another appointment in Avon, though.

Love to have more options! An indoor range on this side of town (that isn't Don's) would be pretty nice.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Did some Googling. The would-be owner of the proposed range set up this meeting, and invited nearby residents so they could have their concerns addressed. Good move on his part.

RTV6 - Proposed firing range in Brownsburg has nearby residents fired up - Local Story

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...cerns-over-proposed-Brownsburg-shooting-range

Of course, the media immediately jumps on the negative spin. :rolleyes:

I'd love to be there, to show some support and help educate. Already have another appointment in Avon, though.

Love to have more options! An indoor range on this side of town (that isn't Don's) would be pretty nice.

Indeed and agreed. Hopefully it will accept rifle calibers too....:rockwoot:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Thanks for posting this! first I heard of it. Will definately be there!
    From all the FB commenting on the topic it seems as people's biggest concerns are rounds leaving the building and noise.

With proper design and materials (which I'm sure it'll have otherwise won't get approved) neither of these would be a real concern. AR500 plating and bullet trap will surely stop the rounds from leaving and the sound doesn't leave the walls of an indoor range enough to even hear the shooting outside.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I just watched the RTV6 link and had to laugh. I'm pretty sure these two residents are very educated about firearms.
    I also have a terrible problem of setting my gun on the roof of my vehicle and suddenly it goes boom unexpectedly.
    I'm going to try to get to this meeting. It should be entertaining based on the logic I saw in the interview. Besides, the owner is going to need some support.

whackmaster66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I will definitely try to make it tonight I'm all for it!!! I would love to have a nice indoor shooting range in town. I hate driving 15-20 mins South to go shoot when the weather is bad..

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom