• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Just ordered/bid on one. Won the bid. FEG Hungarian used for $339. Hope I like it as much as the CD I already have. Should get it next week. Been looking hard at Remington 1911 R1. It's all good.

tolle house

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    South Indy
    There has been a lot of good comments and the Browning HP wins out for me it is a beautiful gun fits me perfect and the most accurate I have shot. To the guy that found one for $339.00 that is excellent please post pics when you get it. I want another but I would like a GI model I now own the Mark III. Enjoy your plinking and trust in what ever faith you have.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Love the Hi Power pistol...but I'm sure you already knew that....;):D

Speaking of GI style...try locating an Inglis or FN Hi Power with the shoulder stock/holster. :ar15:

dsc_0378.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

dsc_0377.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    There has been a lot of good comments and the Browning HP wins out for me it is a beautiful gun fits me perfect and the most accurate I have shot. To the guy that found one for $339.00 that is excellent please post pics when you get it. I want another but I would like a GI model I now own the Mark III. Enjoy your plinking and trust in what ever faith you have.
    I posted a few weeks ago when I got it. I still can't do pictures, but roadrunner681 posted pictures of his and it was identical other than mine having a post for a lanyard loop. If you go to gunbroker.com, freestatearms still has 3 more left. Item #337687354 and 337687356 and 337687358. The pictures he has are the actual guns. The serial # in the pic was the one he sent me. Very happy with purchase. :D

vstrom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Elkhart
    After owning quite a few 1911's and always admiring the BHP, my wife presented me with this 1995 Practical three Christmas's ago. I carry it everyday. Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    downsized_0620131139_zpsf6a0ba8d.jpg

It's the one in the middle. The CD Hi-Power on top, I bought new in 2004 for $400. Great guns. Plan on keeping them.:D

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The HP has served with distinction for decades with many elite military units, and at one time was THE platform of choice for special op's and anti terrorist units. FBI HRT used the Browning back in the late 80's / early 90's, and it was highly regarded. A good friend of mine who was an HRT operator and instructor at Quantico had one that had over 100,000 documented rds thru it. I have carried and shot the HP since the mid 70's, I have always liked the size of it and the fact that it carried the number of rds that it does. I also liked the fact that I could carry it cocked and locked like the 1911 platform. Over the years I have known a lot of professionals who packed the HP and it always served them well.

Tested and approved by Che, himself!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've got two HiPowers. For me they are the most naturally pointable pistols I've ever handled. If I close my eyes, draw, point, and then open my eyes I find myself looking right down the sights. They're perfectly lined up. Plus it's very comfortable to shoot, accurate, reliable, and the OE Mec-Gar mags are top quality. Even the 20 rounders...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I think some would argue that the high power was a later design by Mr. Browning, thus more evolved. Not sure if I totally agree, but a great design. It seems to be very popular outside the US also, right?

There were a couple of "refinements"....The plunger tube and the elimination of the barrel bushing were considered (by some) to be an improvement over the 1911.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I like 1911s, but I love a nice Hi Power.

Also, there are not a blue million of them out there either, just in case you want something a bit different. However, the trigger on mine is not great.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have both, and carry both (not typically at the same time). My first love was the 1911, and the Hi-power, to me, is like the younger sister of the 1911. Nothing wrong with taking the younger sister out for a change of pace.

They both point the same for me, and the ergonomics really aren't that much different. The Hi-Power does win out as far as being a bit lighter and easier to carry, and certainly has a + in the capacity department, but as far as what one I would choose over the other? I couldnt turn either away if they were looking for a new safe to live in.

Top Bottom