• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    :xmad:

To start off with, I was mainly planning to go to Norman to eat at the Hitchin Post. If you have never been there, they had the best tenderloin you ever ate. They are about the size of a hubcap. It's the only place where I've seen you can order a 2nd bun and fixin's to split the tenderloin up. My wife and I would split one and still couldn't eat it all. The platter and 2 buns was under $10.

On the way down, we almost got sideswiped getting on 465 in Indy by an idiot not paying attention to me. I met up with a guy from Arfcom and picked up a lower.:D We got all the way to Norman only to find out the Hitchin Post went out of business. So we rode back to Story and ate at the Story Inn. I'm guessing the locals never eat there at those prices. $10 for a mediocre 1/2 # hamburger.

After we ate, we headed east to Oldenburg and rode all the way up to Connersville and had to head west shortly after because the road was closed. After several miles of bumpy country roads, I finally made it through to 38 and headed west again. I went through Nobletucky and saw they had a nice car show going on.

After over 400 miles and almost home, I come over a hill and see a Mustang or something in my lane coming at me and swerving back to his lane with a huge dust cloud behind him and gravel all over the road. I don't know if he ran off the road and was over corrrecting or what. If I had been 100 yards further up, I'd probably be a gonner.

Other than almost getting killed twice and not getting my tenderloin, it was a beatiful day to ride. It was a short one at about 430 miles. For those of you in Brown County, it is now your mission in life to rustle up that tenderloin cook and get her back in business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

United

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    yikes man, glad yo made it home though! I quit riding. Had 1 major wreck, should have been road kill but had someone looking out for me. Never got on a bike after that!

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    At least you had good weather. :)

When I ride down south I always eat in Bloomington. It has a much better selection of restaurants.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Should have stopped in Oldenburg for fried chicken, or Millhousen, or Enochsburg, Big 3 in th USA
    I've ate fried chicken in Oldenburg before. I hear the chicken in Laurel is better. I guess the women that run both places are sisters.

I ate a tenderloin at Mr. Daves in North Manchester a week ago and wasn't impressed. It's supposed to be award winning.

That's the nice thing about riding. I've seen parts of Indiana I would never have seen in a car. I've got almost 26k on my 07 bike. 400 miles in a day is a pretty short ride any more. I've road as many as 705 in 1 day.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    You met up with someone from ARFCOM! Traitor!!! :D

I was at GenCon in Indianapolis and ran into a dude wearing an ARFCOM t-shirt. He was promoting the movie Zombieland and passing out full sized posters. I snatched one up to put in my still-forming basement mancave.

Sorry to hear that the Post was closed and you had two near death experiences.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Additionally, the place in Millhousen has pretty amazing fried chicken and not too bad ribs. I forget what day they are open, but they have all you can eat days at reasonable prices and the drive is a fun one from Columbus.

They have a giant scary crucifix at the Catholic church's graveyard. I took a few photos that turned out very well from there but lost them in an HD crash. Hard drive, not Harley Davidson.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    We have a few bad drivers here, although I hope no one gave you near death experiences. I want a motorcycle so bad I can't stand it but I'm scared to death of driving one in town.

That and I keep blowing all my fun money on other hobbies.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Fried Chicken.

Anyone had Welliver's in Hagerstown? They pan fry in lard. 'Nuff said.

I could take the accompanying chicken gravy intravenously, too.

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    :xmad:

To start off with, I was mainly planning to go to Norman to eat at the Hitchin Post. If you have never been there, they had the best tenderloin you ever ate. They are about the size of a hubcap.

I dont get down there very often but its a cool place. When I do eat there, its in November. We eat lunch in there when we deer hunt in Jackson Co. I get the tenderloin also. I've wanted to go down for the live music but have never gotten around to it. They even serve you your softdrink in a mason jar. I do love the Hitchin Post.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I dont get down there very often but its a cool place. When I do eat there, its in November. We eat lunch in there when we deer hunt in Jackson Co. I get the tenderloin also. I've wanted to go down for the live music but have never gotten around to it. They even serve you your softdrink in a mason jar. I do love the Hitchin Post.

The problem is that it appears to be closed permanently.

Top Bottom