BREAKING: US and Allies hit ISIS targets in Syria. Bombing campaign begins.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/23/world/middleeast/us-and-allies-hit-isis-targets-in-syria.html?_r=0

they told me if I voted for Romney, we'd go to war with Syria. They were right!

To all of our men and women in harm's way, come home safe tonight.

I know the leftist hypocrisy is going to go nuts tonight with the "no blood for oil" and "no more war" crowds... but I fully support this. Granted, war without congressional approval... but still, dead ISIS is good ISIS. 5 regional nations assisting.

On my birthday no less!

I hear the French are calling their campaign "Jacques and Awe."

Destabilizing regimes throughout the Middle East, North Africa is not a good short-term plan for them and not a good long-term plan for us.

This entire situation is going to go nuts tomorrow. So stay tuned to this thread for all the updates. Lots of world politics... just wait for Assad, Putin, and whoever the hell is running Iran to make their stance noticed.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Obama's such a warmonger.

aKe2I.jpg

Someone tweeted a quick note: Bush had 4 bombings. Obama was up around 10.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I would worry more about Germany,Great Britain,Quatar,Saudi Arabia,and our "allies" lack of support than I would Putin,Assad,and Iran.

We have the support of France though...that is something.

Our foreign policy is an unmittigated disaster and will end up costing the USA world reserve currency status.

At least when we are done in Syria Europe can have its new gas pipe line from Qatar to Turkey.https://www.google.com/search?q=Qua...channel=nts&q=Qatar+European+pipeline&spell=1

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Our foreign policy is an unmitigated disaster...

RT @BarackObama Tweet the middle-eastern country you want me to bomb next.

:)

You know what else distinguishes this one from "Bush's Iraq War"? Obama didn't bother to get legal authorization from Congress, haw haw haw.

Other than bombing Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Somalia, Yemen, Sudan & Pakistan... Obama's Muslim outreach is going pretty well... wouldn't you say?

Last edited:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/23/world/middleeast/us-and-allies-hit-isis-targets-in-syria.html?_r=0

I know the leftist hypocrisy is going to go nuts tonight with the "no blood for oil" and "no more war" crowds... but I fully support this. Granted, war without congressional approval... but still, dead ISIS is good ISIS. 5 regional nations assisting. [/q]

I'm as far from "leftist" as you can get (libertarian today, I may be an anarchist by 2015) but....

we aren't going to "win" anything by continuing to amp up the power of our government and deny that we are the big bad wolf causing massive collateral damage all over the middle east and Asia

We probably created ISIS. I'm certainly in favor of taking out those who attack us, but at the same time we need to get out. Most of all, we need to stop increasing the power of our central government.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I would worry more about Germany,Great Britain,Quatar,Saudi Arabia,and our "allies" lack of support than I would Putin,Assad,and Iran.

We have the support of France though...that is something.

Our foreign policy is an unmittigated disaster and will end up costing the USA world reserve currency status.

At least when we are done in Syria Europe can have its new gas pipe line from Qatar to Turkey.https://www.google.com/search?q=Qua...channel=nts&q=Qatar+European+pipeline&spell=1

A French national was kidnapped in Algeria today by a group linked to ISI.They threaten to kill him if France keeps bombing.

France - Video shows Frenchman kidnapped in Algeria by IS-linked group - France 24

Friday's air strike took place while US Gen Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was in France for talks with his counterpart.
    "The French were our very first ally and they are there again for us," he told reporters in Normandy. "It just reminds me why these relationships really matter."

BBC News - France launches first air strikes on IS in Iraq

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm as far from "leftist" as you can get (libertarian today, I may be an anarchist by 2015) but....

we aren't going to "win" anything by continuing to amp up the power of our government and deny that we are the big bad wolf causing massive collateral damage all over the middle east and Asia

We probably created ISIS. I'm certainly in favor of taking out those who attack us, but at the same time we need to get out. Most of all, we need to stop increasing the power of our central government.

You're getting deeper than this thread warrants. Yeah, we likely made ISIS. I understand that. This is likely not going to have a great outcome... but at the moment, I want these bastards dead.

Shorter Democrats: We were against war before our chosen one was for it.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    If we're going to risk 'blood for oil', then by gawd take the oil.

This should be 'interesting' for the lefty-loon democRATS, since their "no blood for oil, I'll have no more boots on the ground 'cause we won Iraq, I've pulled out all the U.S. troops and all is now milk & honey!" 'Kowtower-In-Chief' has now (yet again) entirely reneged on his 'proclamation' to his liberal-loon base.

Ya'd THINK they would have had enough of him by now, but nope. They're still prostrating themselves before his self-proclaimed 'awesomeness'. :lmfao:

I have EVERY confidence in our U.S. military. Own the objective, it's what they're best at. I have LITTLE confidence in the politicians who sent them there, however.

We got what we voted for in 2012: Chaos from the Liar-In-Chief.

Stay tuned!

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I think that this is a terrible idea. Air power is essential in any conflict, but it doesn't win wars without boots on the ground. Afghanistan started out with the Northern Alliance as the boots on the ground before the US military deployed it's own infantry. We all know how long that war went on for and how much it cost us. We provided air assets for Libya. In return we got Benghazi and growing threat from militants there.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    If we're going to risk 'blood for oil', then by gawd take the oil.

This should be 'interesting' for the lefty-loon democRATS, since their "no blood for oil, I'll have no more boots on the ground 'cause we won Iraq, I've pulled out all the U.S. troops and all is now milk & honey!" 'Kowtower-In-Chief' has now (yet again) entirely reneged on his 'proclamation' to his liberal-loon base.

Ya'd THINK they would have had enough of him by now, but nope. They're still prostrating themselves before his self-proclaimed 'awesomeness'. :lmfao:

I have EVERY confidence in our U.S. military. Own the objective, it's what they're best at. I have LITTLE confidence in the politicians who sent them there, however.

We got what we voted for in 2012: Chaos from the Liar-In-Chief.

Stay tuned!
    The anti-war left has been strangely silent since 2008

Top Bottom