Breaking: Per SCOTUS, Same-Sex Marriage is now law of the land.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    BANG. That was fast.

It?s Time to Legalize Polygamy - Fredrik deBoer - POLITICO Magazine

Polyamory is a fact. People are living in group relationships today. The question is not whether they will continue on in those relationships. The question is whether we will grant to them the same basic recognition we grant to other adults: that love makes marriage, and that the right to marry is exactly that, a right.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Its the same thing as saying they won't publish op-Eds in opposition to interracial marriage.

probably not taking letters opposed to Obamacare either to remain consistent.

This week is the high point of the Obama presidency. Mark my words. 20 years from now his victory on the Trade Bills and the Obama care ruling coupled with the legalization of Gay marriage ruling will define him.

If there were to be an attempt on his life, as happened to Ronald Reagan or, God Forbid, JFK, he would accomplish his final goal, as I am certain that gun control measures would sweep the country as a sympathetic response.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If you can't define what constitutes a single form of marriage that should be recognized, you cannot limit it to 2. You must be open to any combination or permutation.

Polygamy has a much longer history of being an accepted practice. Heck, after today's decision, this may be the only way to keep the divorce rate from skyrocketing.

Eight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2014
    Central Indiana
    No doubt my post will relegate me as a hater by many reading it. I am sad beyond adequate words to express. This ruling is the demolition of certain key pillars that set this once great country above all others. I don't know if religious references are allowed in this sub forum so I will try to tread lightly. Let me start by saying I have gay friends & neighbors of whom I am very fond. I have had (deceased) and have gay relatives. I dont hate gay individuals. I believe each life has value beyond the sum total of this physical world. And everyone has equal value in the eyes of . . .. Everyone deserves my love and should be placed above me.

Many states have spoken and reflected the will of their people through their legislatures. This ruling, while only one ruling, is perhaps the clearest representation that the concept of representative democracy is dead. We now have an elite ruling class operating by executive order and judicial activism. One protected by the media and the other by lifelong immunity. To those who think this will have no effect on religious freedom consider first if your initial reaction up to now was to consider me a hateful biggot. The specter of political correctness has long since left the realm of amusing anecdote and is entering the realm of thought and unspoken action. Sermons alluding to the lifestyle in question as a sin will be branded as hate speech. I firmly believe that day is coming. Even if churches "enjoy" certain freedoms for a season parishioners outside the building will not. The wedding industry has demonstrated that. But what is religion for? Are you not supposed to be changed by it and live according to its precepts? Now (for now) there will only be freedom of religion within the confines of 4 walls containing a pulpit.

I don't really expect this post to change anyone's mind. It is really a cathartic exercise to do something on what I consider to be an infamous day in American history. I think a threshold has been crossed. If you are someone who believes I am a throwback neanderthal and cannot fathom how someone would rationally choose this belief system that seems so out of touch with enlightened modern thinking, consider that maybe I was born this way and cannot help it.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    For those of you espousing that churches lose their tax exempt status, that's all well and fine. We can debate the legitimacy of their charity or whatever.

But if you really think that it will end at them losing said status if they refuse to perform SSM marriages, you're naive.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    he is talking about the coming issue that "institutions" who do not participate in same sex marriages will find that, no, we won't force you to do anything, but oops, now your income is taxable and those who donate to you can't write contributions off....but we aren't forcing you to do anything.

No different than the blackmail tactics they use when deciding whether states will get federal funds (which came from the residents of said states). Sure you can have some of YOUR money... IF you make the following laws...

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    No, what the SCOTUS did was uphold the rights of the minority in lieu of the voice of the mob.

No doubt my post will relegate me as a hater by many reading it. I am sad beyond adequate words to express. This ruling is the demolition of certain key pillars that set this once great country above all others. I don't know if religious references are allowed in this sub forum so I will try to tread lightly. Let me start by saying I have gay friends & neighbors of whom I am very fond. I have had (deceased) and have gay relatives. I dont hate gay individuals. I believe each life has value beyond the sum total of this physical world. And everyone has equal value in the eyes of . . .. Everyone deserves my love and should be placed above me.

Many states have spoken and reflected the will of their people through their legislatures. This ruling, while only one ruling, is perhaps the clearest representation that the concept of representative democracy is dead. We now have an elite ruling class operating by executive order and judicial activism. One protected by the media and the other by lifelong immunity. To those who think this will have no effect on religious freedom consider first if your initial reaction up to now was to consider me a hateful biggot. The specter of political correctness has long since left the realm of amusing anecdote and is entering the realm of thought and unspoken action. Sermons alluding to the lifestyle in question as a sin will be branded as hate speech. I firmly believe that day is coming. Even if churches "enjoy" certain freedoms for a season parishioners outside the building will not. The wedding industry has demonstrated that. But what is religion for? Are you not supposed to be changed by it and live according to its precepts? Now (for now) there will only be freedom of religion within the confines of 4 walls containing a pulpit.

I don't really expect this post to change anyone's mind. It is really a cathartic exercise to do something on what I consider to be an infamous day in American history. I think a threshold has been crossed. If you are someone who believes I am a throwback neanderthal and cannot fathom how someone would rationally choose this belief system that seems so out of touch with enlightened modern thinking, consider that maybe I was born this way and cannot help it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Which of my liberties shrunk?

I know this is a popular thing to say in cases that don't immediately and directly affect you personally... but the precedents, the things that follow, and the affects on the State's ability to govern itself... Those can/will/do affect you.

Something about a slow boil... I forget the exact saying.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hahahahahahhahahahahaha

CIb3k9dUMAAgQzu.jpg:large

CIb3lVYVAAAVMKC.jpg:large

If eating puppies would get her votes, she would have a bib on and a knife and fork in her hand so fast it would make your head spin.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    probably not taking letters opposed to Obamacare either to remain consistent.

This week is the high point of the Obama presidency. Mark my words. 20 years from now his victory on the Trade Bills and the Obama care ruling coupled with the legalization of Gay marriage ruling will define him.

If he were to be assassinated, he would accomplish his final goal, as I am certain that gun control measures would sweep the country as a sympathetic response.

Lets not talk about that, please. I think the man has committed crimes for which he should answer in a court of law. Since that won't happen, I hope he loses all credibility and lives out his years in peaceful ignominy. But frankly, I consider anything beyond that as unspeakable, and don't even like to read about it. I know you're not advocating such, but that subject is revolting to me.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    C'mon. It's Friday. Let's all relax.

It's an important issue and all, but we aren't going to agree on everything today.

The 3% had a good day.

sbu sailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    South of Center...
    No, what the SCOTUS did was uphold the rights of the minority in lieu of the voice of the mob.

In reality the mob IS the voice the Supreme Court listened to. And now gay rights activists have become what they say they hate... A group focused on shoving their beliefs down everyone else's throats. Coercive bullying? Perhaps.

As I alluded to before, it's a shame that as a nation, we couldn't find a way to afford gay couples the same social conveniences afforded married couples without all this drama!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    There are many who have no issue lying to get what they want and justifying it if they succeed.

OK, I like the way you think.

How's this? I don't need, or even want a machine gun. I just feel like NFA of 1936 represses my ammosexuality.

It needs work, but it seems like a good starting point. Since the only thing that speaks to SCOTUS is sex, maybe they'll listen.

Top Bottom