Breaking: Per SCOTUS, Same-Sex Marriage is now law of the land.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    We still have a bunch of survivors of another round-up living on the Rez. Didn't occasion much shame when Earl Warren and FDR did their thing to protect liberty in 1942.

1942 predates the civil rights movement. At the time, we really didn't see any shame in how we treated non-whites.

Do you honestly think we're going to round up Christians and put them in camps? This is why there's no room for civil discussion anymore.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    No, and I don't think that's what he is saying. But if you think the civil rights movement was a magical event that changed forever human nature, well, I disagree. In 10 years there will be consequences for individuals who commit "hate-speech".

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I didnt even think it was that bad, but I can see how it could be...... Guess you will just have to imagine....
    With the dirty mind that I have, it will likely be imagined much worse than it was....

Hold on....

Oh sick, that was gross, how could you.... ban him ban him now....

;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    With the dirty mind that I have, it will likely be imagined much worse than it was....

Hold on....

Oh sick, that was gross, how could you.... ban him ban him now....

;)

I imagined it much worse than it was and I saw what he wrote. So I think we should ban mbills.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Do you honestly think we're going to round up Christians and put them in camps? This is why there's no room for civil discussion anymore.

Let me get this straight: According to you, dismissing the possibility of the disparaged group of today being treated like the disparaged group of yesterday is a precondition for a 'civil' discussion? Seriously?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    1942 predates the civil rights movement. At the time, we really didn't see any shame in how we treated non-whites.

Who said anything about the CRM, but since you brung it up, post 14th Amendment, so the mechanism was already there, and FDR did his share of gassing about rights during the Great Depression.

Who would have thought Democrat icon FDR would round up American citizens with yellow skin, and leave the whiteys (German and Italian Americans) out. 1942 white privilege?

And to answer your second concern, time will tell. For now the government is only confiscating businesses (Oregon being the test case) and discussing adjusting the tax code for institutions that do not embrace the state religion.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Who said anything about the CRM, but since you brung it up, post 14th Amendment, so the mechanism was already there, and FDR did his share of gassing about rights during the Great Depression.

Who would have thought Democrat icon FDR would round up American citizens with yellow skin, and leave the whiteys (German and Italian Americans) out. 1942 white privilege?

And to answer your second concern, time will tell. For now the government is only confiscating businesses (Oregon being the test case) and discussing adjusting the tax code for institutions that do not embrace the state religion.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cobber again.

Well said all the way around. Your choice of words regarding FDR and rights is perfect. It was indeed reminiscent of flatulence coming out of his face.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yes. I don't know how much clearer I can make it.

How do you justify this beyond, "This is America, that can't happen here" even though it already has?

This is analogous with setting up a scientific experiment and declaring that you will only accept results which conform to your expectations.

The Germans even had a difficult enough time accepting this type of eventuality that the Nazis shipped Jews to the border in respectable rail cars and boxed them up in Poland so as not to distress the sensibilities of Germans who were not prepared to accept what was happening (as I was informed by a Jew who slipped out under the wire).

So, now, other than your delicate sensibilities, how do you justify ruling out a potential outcome which history has proven repetitively to be realistic, probability notwithstanding other than you just don't f*cking like it therefore it is off the table?

Top Bottom