• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    As talking with a few gun shop owners they are believing that the bottom will fall out of the ars. So I'll be watching for one to add to my safe just for a fun shooter

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    AWB and UBC are dropped from the bill. They still hope for mag size restrictions.

Let's take a step back here folks. I WISH the AWB would have been included as that would have meant doom for all the measures.

By sectioning it off, there's more of a chance the mags and background check go through.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Let's take a step back here folks. I WISH the AWB would have been included as that would have meant doom for all the measures.

By sectioning it off, there's more of a chance the mags and background check go through.

What exactly do I need to take a step back from? I simply summarized what the article I read said. And by the way, UBC stands for Universal Background Check.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Nothing surprising there. The AWB was not going to pass anyway. Now they will present a "compromise" bill that will probably include universal background checks and magazine capacity limits. The suggestion will be that the anti-gun people have given up the AWB, so now the 2A advocates should give in on universal checks and magazine capacity limits. A surprising number of GOP Congressmen will go along with that logic.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    What exactly do I need to take a step back from? I simply summarized what the article I read said. And by the way, UBC stands for Universal Background Check.

The (s) in Folk(s) implied enthusiastic people in general and was not directed at you, or any one individual.

I love my AR-but this is kind of a non story...I wish the dems had gone all in with their proposals as that would have increased the chance that nothing would get done at all.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Guys... This may just be the media manipulating us to drop the volume of calls, letters, email, etc. This thing ain't dead by a long shot!

The leftist liberal elite, AKA "weasels" will not give up this easily.
    That Feinstein dude will not stop until it is no longer legal to hunt humans with 30 round magazines.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Isn't the magban attached to the AWB, are both down, or are they introducing magban separately?

According to the article I read, there was a mag ban in the AWB, but the Dems were going to put a separate one into the gun control bill.

Ectoman86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    you can bet it's to advance the background registration scheme.
    I rly do hope this isn't the case. Would love nothing more than to go back to normal...or better yet...GAIN ground because of all this bs. It's sad...but know someone will compromise again...and we will lost more again

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    The worst case scenario will be whatever is passed in the Senate. The House will offer up its own version, and that will indicate how much backbone the GOP has in that chamber. The ultimate question is what comes out of reconciliation and whether the GOP House leadership caves.

RugerDrew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Madison County
    This is from the AP story:

Reid said he has not decided which measures would be included in the base bill he brings to the Senate floor. Democratic aides and lobbyists say the trafficking and school safety measures are likely candidates because each passed the Judiciary panel with some bipartisan support.

It is unclear how Reid will handle the background check measure.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I doubt its dead yet, but it has been on life support since the beginning anyway. Now they've just taken it off life support and are hoping it can give birth to the rest of their agenda before dying completely

Top Bottom