• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Hahahah! Well, that must mean you don't have the curse of the Island (Irish) like I do then!? YAAAARGH! :):

Lucky for me I'm only Irish on my Mom's side of the family. :D
    There is more of an Irish connection with my Scottish side as well. My clan was ran out of Scotland and settled in Ireland for a time before later returning and reclaiming their homes. [/threadjack]

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    :lmfao:

On the colored Cav Arms rifles, I do like that idea. It might give them a "deer in the headlights" look before they figure out the "toys" part.... :):

Exactly my thought.

Evil Brightly Colored Rifle :ar15:

Or maybe carry a pink rifle AND have a Pink Pistols (gay gun rights group) T-Shirt. Talk about sending a message that would confuse the living hell out of the media. They hold gays and gay rights above all other citizens and would never attack a gay (of course some of you guys might stomp the snot out of me -and I'm not gay- if I wore a gay rights shirt) but it would sure send an interesting message :n00b:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    They hold gays and gay rights above all other citizens and would never attack a gay (of course some of you guys might stomp the snot out of me -and I'm not gay- if I wore a gay rights shirt) but it would sure send an interesting message :n00b:

I think diversity would be awesome. It would be great to get someone from each of the sacred groups to join us. The media would crap themselves if we had many people with different backgrounds. While it would be funny to see you in a Pink Shirt it would be better if it was worn by an actual member of that group.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    TIME now has article on armed citizen activists.

When Protesters Bring Guns to Health-Care Town Halls - TIME

tdy_couric_petro_050511.vsmall.jpg
    "Presidential protesters need to leave their firearms at home — no exceptions."

But people intent on defending their Second Amendment rights are unlikely to heed that particular piece of common sense, Petro concedes.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    TIME now has article on armed citizen activists.

When Protesters Bring Guns to Health-Care Town Halls - TIME

Some nice points of interest.

They mentioned the guy with the AR-15 but steered clear of hhhis skin color.

The guy in NH who carried the "It Is Time to Water the Tree of Liberty" was "linked" to Timothy McVeigh becuase Timonthy worse a T-Shirt with the same quote! So I guess if you quote Jeffersonyou MUST be up to no good and be a Timonthy.

Both Donovan and Petro can never recall a precedent for the recent trend of protesters carrying weapons to presidential events.

Someone else said it here but I guess they need to look a little further downhistroy. I'm sure guns were all over the place when Lincoln gave his speech at Gettysburg. Heck fast forward to WWI and WWII time frame and I'm sure guns were present as well. You could even mail order a Thompson SMG from th Army via the mail forr $50 for what I have been told by WW II vets!

As for the Brady guy... well 2 different events, at least 13 different people and not one shot fired... hum... I guess something must have went wrong with those guns.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Someone else said it here but I guess they need to look a little further downhistroy. I'm sure guns were all over the place when Lincoln gave his speech at Gettysburg. Heck fast forward to WWI and WWII time frame and I'm sure guns were present as well. You could even mail order a Thompson SMG from th Army via the mail forr $50 for what I have been told by WW II vets!

I think you could mail order FA Thompsons from Sears for $29.95 as well.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    In all honesty, these guys have all shown compliance for the law...they still paint them in a light where a "shootout" could occur in a heated verbal debate. Do you really think those who take the care to comply with State law are going to suddenly open fire due to anger? They know, understand, and care about the laws (obviously)...letting anger get the best of them does not seem to be their demeanor (though painted that way). Thugs and the such do not OC, nor do they care about compliance to the laws. Would they rather have them CC so no one (including the SS) knows they have a gun? Seems a lot more dangerous and sneaky to me...:twocents:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In all honesty, these guys have all shown compliance for the law...they still paint them in a light where a "shootout" could occur in a heated verbal debate. Do you really think those who take the care to comply with State law are going to suddenly open fire due to anger? They know, understand, and care about the laws (obviously)...letting anger get the best of them does not seem to be their demeanor (though painted that way). Thugs and the such do not OC, nor do they care about compliance to the laws. Would they rather have them CC so no one (including the SS) knows they have a gun? Seems a lot more dangerous and sneaky to me...:twocents:

The anti-gun folk always trot out the "blood will run in the streets" line whenever we talk about people carrying firearms. They keep making that prediction and it keeps failing to happen when folk actually do carry.

"Fender benders will turn into shootouts!" No great surge of that happening.
    "Fistfights in bars will end up with someone drawing a gun." Nope.
    "Bumping into someone on the street could get you shot." Uh-uh.

The only thing I figure is that they are so completely incapable of controlling their own rage and capacity for violence that they assume everyone else is the same way.

Project much, Mr. Mark Thompson?

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Oh noes! We've really let the lolcat out of the bag now! I pine for for the good old days of the Clinton AWB when wacko criminals didn't know they could get a gun to threaten the President.

Time said:
    Most critical, according to Petro, author of Standing Next to History: An Agent's Life Inside the Secret Service, is the message the guns send. "These guys aren't going to shoot the President," he says of the protesters. "But it's putting the idea in some nut's head that maybe he can get a gun and try to shoot him."

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Claims police helped stage the AR-15 event.

Gun-Toting Town Hall Tactics

"Now, I'm not saying we can forget that Timothy McVeigh was wearing one of those "The Tree of Liberty Must be Watered" T-shirts the day he blew up the Federal Building in Oklahoma City. Weaponizing the debate over healthcare is terrifically dangerous. Politically, though, it's a very risky bluff for the GOP. Because the minute one of these guys fires his gun in anger at a town hall, wounding or killing a congressperson or another demonstrator, the political dynamic will shift completely."

Talk about out of touch with reality. He should have just added "inevitably" to his quote. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom