• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Vamp I bet it is, I live on in Fishers, so the only place I could picture in my mind of lots of apartments around Indy like shown in the video was around there.

No I still don't believe it is. I grew up in eagledale. 56th is getting worse but still not the hood. 46th and highschool is bad. But they're not poor. The houses are nicer the over here in most cases. It's all in there mindset. And you living in fishers I'm going to guess you don't see the differences in the neighborhoods on the westside.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No I still don't believe it is. I grew up in eagledale. 56th is getting worse but still not the hood. 46th and highschool is bad. But they're not poor. The houses are nicer the over here in most cases. It's all in there mindset. And you living in fishers I'm going to guess you don't see the differences in the neighborhoods on the westside.

My family was the 2nd with kids to move in to the original Eagledale section. 3 houses done and we got the 2nd one. 1954. Been around here off and on my whole life. I have owned property all through the area. I know exactly what killed off the businesses around here. Nuff said,

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    No way I could live in a 'Big City', and have no real desire to go there, other than to find/go to certain stores or restaurant. I grew up in the East Bay of San Francisco, near Oakland. Became a cop in the city I grew up in... seeing the deterioration of the economy and urban/suburban plight was depressing. There was 53 different dialects spoken in the school district, it was a very diverse community, so not blaming any particular 'race', just more of an overall decline in civility and care for the community at large.
    We had a large Pacific Islander population - learned early don't call a Tongan a Samoan or Hawaiian or vice-versa. As a rather large Tongan once told me,
    "Brah, don't ask if they Samoan, Tongan whatever... just ask what island you from. Save you from an ass whoopin', Brah. Our ancestor used to cut down trees, hollow 'em out and paddle across hundred of miles of open ocean just to try and kill each other. Ain't changed much, Brah."

I said, "I understand. My people are island people as well."
    "Huh?"
    "Ya, my ancestors are Irish. We like to fight, but usually to drunk to paddle trees, which there aren't many in Ireland."
    "You funny, a little too skinny, but funny. Brah."
    This conversation was after my partner referred to him as Samoan and he had a rage building in him. I thought he was going to go off. He dished out words of advice instead of fists of fury. Thankfully. He was BIG!!
    We are all in this together and there are biases, prejudices, and foibles across the racial spectrum and humans in general. A little tolerance and understanding goes a long way. Too many times we are quick to judge what's in someone's heart by the words they speak, or misspeak.

That's why I prefer living in the country, less people to deal with. And I stay a LOT healthier. Haven't had a cold/flu in years. Looking for ward to finally gettin' our move-on to the outskirts of Alexandria. We shall see. -14/-32WC this AM.... YUK!

Just my humble :twocents: worth of babble.
    ND in ND

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No way I could live in a 'Big City', and have no real desire to go there, other than to find/go to certain stores or restaurant. I grew up in the East Bay of San Francisco, near Oakland. Became a cop in the city I grew up in... seeing the deterioration of the economy and urban/suburban plight was depressing. There was 53 different dialects spoken in the school district, it was a very diverse community, so not blaming any particular 'race', just more of an overall decline in civility and care for the community at large.
    We had a large Pacific Islander population - learned early don't call a Tongan a Samoan or Hawaiian or vice-versa. As a rather large Tongan once told me,
    "Brah, don't ask if they Samoan, Tongan whatever... just ask what island you from. Save you from an ass whoopin', Brah. Our ancestor used to cut down trees, hollow 'em out and paddle across hundred of miles of open ocean just to try and kill each other. Ain't changed much, Brah."

I said, "I understand. My people are island people as well."
    "Huh?"
    "Ya, my ancestors are Irish. We like to fight, but usually to drunk to paddle trees, which there aren't many in Ireland."
    "You funny, a little too skinny, but funny. Brah."
    This conversation was after my partner referred to him as Samoan and he had a rage building in him. I thought he was going to go off. He dished out words of advice instead of fists of fury. Thankfully. He was BIG!!
    We are all in this together and there are biases, prejudices, and foibles across the racial spectrum and humans in general. A little tolerance and understanding goes a long way. Too many times we are quick to judge what's in someone's heart by the words they speak, or misspeak.

That's why I prefer living in the country, less people to deal with. And I stay a LOT healthier. Haven't had a cold/flu in years. Looking for ward to finally gettin' our move-on to the outskirts of Alexandria. We shall see. -14/-32WC this AM.... YUK!

Just my humble :twocents: worth of babble.
    ND in ND

Makes a lot of sense but around here these days kindness and understanding is taken as weakness.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Makes a lot of sense but around here these days kindness and understanding is taken as weakness.
    Had that happen many-a-time as a cop. Be nice to some 'constituent' and they think you soft. Then they get the 'full treatment' and , well, they learn the error of their ways. And I'm not talking a 'beat down' - there is more than one way to skin a cat.
    Had a frequent flyer I dealt with often. Once he resisted arrest on a warrant and tore my shirt. I put in for restitution via his Probation officer. A couple of months later I saw him again, and arrested him, again, on a warrant - failure to pay restitution, to guess who? Yup. He said, "I ain't ever gonna pay you." I said the department covers our uniforms, so I got a new shirt, you owe the city, technically, since I'd have to turn the check over to them. Hahahaha One of the better busts in my career.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    And the kicker was - he had seen his probation officer a couple days before and said he was 'clear' but needed to take care of his fines. He had a court date and was told by the judge he needed to pay his fines w/ the clerk's office. He didn't and unbeknownst to him, a bench warrant was issued immediately.

He was prone to run when he knew he had a warrant. So, that night he walked up to me, while I was having coffee at 7-11, and said "I'm clear, go ahead and run me if you want." I did and well... now you know the rest of the story. Can't fix stupid.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And the kicker was - he had seen his probation officer a couple days before and said he was 'clear' but needed to take care of his fines. He had a court date and was told by the judge he needed to pay his fines w/ the clerk's office. He didn't and unbeknownst to him, a bench warrant was issued immediately.

He was prone to run when he knew he had a warrant. So, that night he walked up to me, while I was having coffee at 7-11, and said "I'm clear, go ahead and run me if you want." I did and well... now you know the rest of the story. Can't fix stupid.

Smiling ear to ear right now.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    WISH TV, Indy, just reported, a fight, with POSSIBLE shots fired, at Castleton Mall .....

7 Juvvies arrested .....

Anyone have any info ?????

IMPD, still on scene .....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    WISH TV, Indy, just rep

orted, a fight, with POSSIBLE shots fired, at Castleton Mall .....

7 Juvvies arrested .....

Several juveniles arrested at Castleton Square Mall after multiple fights break out | Fox 59

Malls across the country are reporting similar crowds of teens fighting, leading to multiple arrests. A mall in Aurora, Colorado was evacuated. Hundreds of teens were caught on camera fighting in Manchester, Connecticut.
    . We'll see if anything comes from this...

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    I hope no innocents were hurt. Castleton has been turning to crap the last couple years. Always be vigilant and have your escape plan in mind.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    WISH TV, Indy, just reported, a fight, with POSSIBLE shots fired, at Castleton Mall .....

7 Juvvies arrested .....

I'm not working so I didn't have to go. I avoid Castleton Square and Circle Center malls because of all the ****heads that frequent them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That has to be a huge mess to manage for officers. Dealing with entitled teens sporting lots of attitude. Not to mention a camera in every hand, that I'm sure they are quick to threaten with.

Top Bottom