• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ive been on the edge of wanting to do this for a while now. I think i just need to quit thinking and do it!

iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Maybe I can find someone local to meet up and watch/ bull**** with. Southern Indiana/Louisville KY area.

nirol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    The test is:

Can you keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot?
    Can you operate a firearm safely and respect the 180 degree rule of the range?
    Do you have a firearm that can be operated safely?
    Do you have an open mind and want to compete in a safe and friendly environment?

Asking yourself those questions and being able to say 'Yes' to them is all the test you really need. Get out there and try it. Be sure to let any Range Officer or Safety Officer know that it is your first time and they will take care of you. Just be slow, be safe and have fun. Your first few times on the firing line are going to be spent learning the rules of the game...once you know them then you will be ready to start working to up your performance.
    This is a great post.

I attended my first IDPA match today after sitting on the sidelines, so to speak, for over a year just waiting to feel good enough. If you're safe, and open to instruction, you should go.

It honestly wasn't the least bit intimidating. I know I didn't score well, but 1. No on cared 2. They were eager to help 3. I think I gained more knowledge and improved more as a shooter than I would have if I'd waited another few years by just going to the range by myself.

Just my opinion, but if you have interest, you should check it out. I'm almost positive you'll look back on it like I have and wish you'd gone sooner.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Don't know about the Louisville area, but on the same end of the state, but on the other side, try out Red Brush Rifle Range We have our IDPA shoots on the first Saturday every month, all year round. Several of us on here go there.[/QUOTE

You beat me to it! We've had several people from the Louisville area come and shoot with us on occasion so you'd be right at home.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    Don't know if there are any far east siders (of the state). Myself and Brownie attended one in Oxford, OH on Sunday.

It was our first time shooting and we fit right it. If you have a question ask it. They put us a few people back in the line up so we could see what was going on before we were thrown in to the wolves.

We did fairly well, probably placed in the top 20 out of 63 shooters.

If you know the basic safety rules with firearms it's a piece of cake. Shooter make ready, mag in, chamber a round, re-holster. BANG Bang bang bang....

Clear the weapon, slide, hammer, holster. Nothing to it but to do it.

Have fun!!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom