• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Smokin' Jay always knew Pep didn't have it in him!

tumblr_nuzei9MiIo1rge9rdo1_400.jpg

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Pep was a bad hire from the beginning. Previous success not withstanding, I think they succeeded despite the O.C., not because of him. I also think that the Colts way way way overachieved the last three years and THIS season the team is "finding it's level", so to speak. I'm just surprised it took this long. And it once again shows that one guy being hurt/healthy makes a huge difference. Colts without Manning were horrible. Colts without a healthy Luck are horrible. Lucks' play, up until now, had covered a multitude of sins. But his crappy play / hurt play has exposed this team for what it really is.

I think Grigson is safe. He's too much of a Yes-man to Irsay.

Grigson isn't drafting or signing anyone without approval of Irsay. Ol' Jimmy can talk about not wanting "starwars" numbers and what-not... But it's all lip-service to what he's allowing Grigson to do.

Up until recently, I kind of thought that Pagano's job was safe, too. But this team has been too undisciplined. Too many penalties. Granted it's the players who commit the penalties, but it's the coaching staff that doesn't weed them out in practice and training camp.

Pep's firing was probably done at the head-coach level; as coaching decisions are generally his to be made. I'm sure the GM had to give approval, however.

Pep isn't the reason for this season's performances; but he certainly doesn't seem to have helped things any. Pagano isn't the reason for this season's performances; but he certainly doesn't seem to have helped things any.

Pep and Pagano will be the fall guys for Grigson and Irsay's failings.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    While Luck has not been great this year, it's difficult to be an effective quarterback when you spend most of your time running for your life. :twocents:

gtpilot21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2015
    Noblesville, IN
    What I want to know is who started calling the plays in the 4th quarter on Sunday? Obviously there is a problem when we finally get decent running backs and we still can't close out games.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    I think Grigson is safe. He's too much of a Yes-man to Irsay.

Agree sadly. I'd like see Irsay sell the team to someone who is serious about building a franchise not just attracting a few franchise players. Irsay still thinks you can build a team around the quarterback and win championships ... we've ignored our defense and special teams for way too long.

Mike

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Yeah. Pagano and Grigson both need to go. Should have never let Bruce walk either. As for ignoring our D and Special Teams, that is what the Colts do best (besides providing a clear path to the QB). I always joked we should hire Jim Harbaugh as the coach to teach Luck how to never trust the O-line.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Agree sadly. I'd like see Irsay sell the team to someone who is serious about building a franchise not just attracting a few franchise players. Irsay still thinks you can build a team around the quarterback and win championships ... we've ignored our defense and special teams for way too long.

Mike

Irsay can remain owner... I'm OK with that. Just stop telling the GM what and what not to do. Separate yourself. Quit Jerry Jonsing everything up. Thankfully Irsay isn't THAT bad. Hire a real Football Guy as a GM...

And hire good talent scouts. I also think that's part of the problem. Scouting.

Top Bottom