• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just out of curiosity, how high do you think brass pricing is going? The recent frenzy has people paying $0.75-$1.00/rd for loaded 223, and I'm sure the brass market has done the same (if you can find any). I haven't seen any 223 brass for sale, so I was curious if anyone has found any, and what the going rate is. If my math is correct, if people are paying 100%+ premium for loaded ammo, is the brass market following suit, making 1,000 once-fired $150ish?

Just curious as to what people are seeing, as I haven't seen much talk on the casing side of things.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Profire has been selling Virgin uncrimped/primerless LC for $135ish/K when they have it (had about 100K this morning). I've seen other places selling fully processed once fired for close to $200/K.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    I have brass I want to get rid of but because of the silly rules on this website I cannot sell it until I have more posts. Got my hands slapped and post count reduced yesterday for trying. Felt like I was in elementary school again.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have brass I want to get rid of but because of the silly rules on this website I cannot sell it until I have more posts. Got my hands slapped and post count reduced yesterday for trying. Felt like I was in elementary school again.

Can't have you adding to the supply.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Site Supporter...

Yea, they did it to me too awhile back. I just sent them the $15.00 to get off of my Arse..

Site supporter status will get you instant access.

^^^THIS comes from a guy who knows?? (NON-SUPPORTER)..HA HA..

cobraguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012

i know how u feal its happend to me twice allready i should be well over 50 by now it sucks

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    if all your posts about how policy sucks then its prob no wonder you keep having them removed. your complaints show us your intent.
    No it is that some of try to learn more from good quality posts and not put stupid sh** for people to read that is no help. I have learned a lot so far from this website and have no problem helping when I have the knowledge. I just don't have vast knowledge that some on here do to post daily or frequently.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No it is that some of try to learn more from good quality posts and not put stupid sh** for people to read that is no help. I have learned a lot so far from this website and have no problem helping when I have the knowledge. I just don't have vast knowledge that some on here do to post daily or frequently.

Put it on gunbroker. People here would rather reduce the supply.

Indycobalt19

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I was able to find some ammo online today and i took the plunge and ordered some. I paid .60 cents a round for mine. Thats about the cheapest you'll find it these days unless you get really lucky.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Profire has been selling Virgin uncrimped/primerless LC for $135ish/K when they have it (had about 100K this morning). I've seen other places selling fully processed once fired for close to $200/K.

This is what I was looking for. Thanks.

It just amazes me what the market has done lately. I'm not complaining, I'm all for open markets, capitalism, etc. It's pretty surreal what a few words from our dear leader will do. We are getting close (if not already there) to the cost of the components equaling factory loaded ammo from a few months ago (if you can find them).

The current situation is reminding me of when BO first got elected. Everyone scrambling for ammo. The "Ammunition and Reloading" sub forum here is being overtaken by threads: "There's 45 at Walmart in Columbus, get it while you can," etc. just like 4 years ago. It eventually subsided, but it seems this time is a little different.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    its crazy i just hope its not like gas once it goes up it dosent come down

The demand for gas is relatively constant and it's something that we cannot do without, for the most part. Ammo/component costs will come down again...we just have to keep our heads until it does. I hate to put it like this, but I'm pretty disappointed in all of the chicken littles among gun owners. :(

This is what I was looking for. Thanks.

It just amazes me what the market has done lately. I'm not complaining, I'm all for open markets, capitalism, etc. It's pretty surreal what a few words from our dear leader will do. We are getting close (if not already there) to the cost of the components equaling factory loaded ammo from a few months ago (if you can find them).

The current situation is reminding me of when BO first got elected. Everyone scrambling for ammo. The "Ammunition and Reloading" sub forum here is being overtaken by threads: "There's 45 at Walmart in Columbus, get it while you can," etc. just like 4 years ago. It eventually subsided, but it seems this time is a little different.

It is not different this time, it's just taking a little longer to sort out. Be patient and you'll see things return to normal, just like they always do.

Top Bottom