• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    So....I'm in dire need of something to catch the brass from my 1911 and/or Bersa. I know Brass catcher bags can be used for Long guns/rifles but can they be purchased for handguns as well?I for the life of me can not spot my brass. Or at least not all of it. Oye.

If there is such a thing for handguns...does anyone have a clue where I could get one or get a pattern to make my own? Is that a stupid question? lol.
    And does anyone have pictures of a handgun with a bag attached so I can see it?
    Yep...these are my questions! :D

TIA

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    The stand type work as long as you don't plan on moving. I have used a homemade one when shooting rifle from the bench but for anything else they just aren't handy. I did see one older guy who had taped a cardboard flap on his slide, didn't catch the brass but they ended up all close to his feet.

And I will never forget Walter (Blinky) Blackwell's wife at a shoot catching her husbands brass in a butterfly net during the matches...she would also snag anyone else's brass she could...lol.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I've also seen some that are either gripped by your hand between your hand and gunstock or are attached via an elastic loop around your hand. I have not used one, but have heard they can take a bit of getting used to. Similar to these:

Graco Models

So far we have; freestanding, gun mounted, or hand mounted.

Personally, I think I'd just make a freestanding and hand mounted one and try them out. A little PVC, a little wire, a little netting, and you're on your way.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Do you have this? Very interesting...Looked at set up instructions and wondering how long it takes to do all that?

Before you buy anything, contact 1946 here...I think he's going to try his hand at constructing something like that. Maybe he already has. If so, I'm sure he'll tell you how it worked out or give you an idea how to make one yourself.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    This gave me an idea. How about a fishing/landing net from the retailer of your choice (or a butterfly net)? Make a PVC stand to drop the handle in and you'd be good to go for significantly less than $60 assuming you can find something with a fine enough mesh.

Good idea. I just happened to have a spare tripod and did not feeling like running around gathering up the other needed supplies. Any wide opening (12"x12" or larger) fish net will work.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Hmmm. looks like some good ideas posted that I might try but as someone else said, I just use a large tarp. The brass lands on the tarp and I get a little excercise bending over to pick it up.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Thanks for the links and whatnot. I'm going to try my hand at putting something like this together and see what I come up with. Fishing net sounds good except I think in most fishing nets the holes are too big and the brass would fall right through. But I'm sure I can find some kind of net.
    Anyways...again, Thanks! :)
    I don't know why I have such a hard time spotting brass. lol

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom