• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Not really brand loyal, I have a few brands that I like.
    I will say that after the way Ruger treated my brother, I'd definitely buy another one or 10

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Watches: Nixon

Does your watch have an alarm feature with "I AM NOT A CROOK" for the alarm tone? :):

Seriously regarding the original question, my brand loyalties tend to revolve around quality and fitness for a purpose rather than straight brand loyalty. For example, I use S&W revolvers primarily because of liking the function of their lockwork where I find the Colt harder to control effectively. As for the politics, I am not happy with S&W climbing in bed with the Clintons. Then again, I am not impressed with Ruger having done the same at an earlier date, nor am I impressed with Colt cutting their own deal with the devil with Bush Sr. and removing the AR15 from the open market at least until Sr. reneged on his end of the deal.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My guns are a mix of everything. I have more Ruger's then anything at the moment. Not for fondness, more just because they had what I wanted at the time.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I like my Glock pistols. Not the prettiest but I have had one for many years and at the time I got into them they were the game in town for striker fired. Now that I am used to them and they seem reliable (other than 42) I have stuck with them. My holsters interchange and the triggers all feel the same basically and the grip is the same. 9's and 40's. So I am Glock loyal you could say. I would like to get a sig 320 but that whole interchangeability thing is hard to overcome. I will buy a dig but probably won't be daily gun. Also I like shooting the GSSF events and that sort of requires a stock Glock.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I own more Sigs than any other single maker and primarily carry one. But I have others that I like a lot as well.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    For carry, yes. Every semi-auto I carry is a DA/SA Sig. The only differences are size and caliber. The only revolvers I carry are Rugers.

Simply to own or to play with? No, not really.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I have anti-brand loyalty. The list consists of manufacturers I'll never buy from. Taurus, RIA, Para, kel-tec, hi point, beretta, etc... Everything else is fair game for me, although I normally check my favorites if I'm looking for something to fit a particular role.

Edit: Sorry if you like a manufacturer I listed above. They just aren't my bag. No offense meant.

BFR50-110

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I have more Rugers than anything else, and I don't personally know of anyone personally including myself that has had a problem with them. I prefer them if they make what I'm looking for. I generally am willing to give most a chance though there are a couple of very popular brands that I avoid though, one because I just don't care for their products and another because I know three people that had issues with at least a combined five guns from them.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    At this point, I am not really a "brand" person... more a Gunsmith person. Since almost all my production pistols and rifles have been sold and I lean toward Custom builders... I have more of a loyalty to them.

Prime examples...

1911's... My loyalty lies with Joe Chambers, Brandan Bunker, Lou Biando, and a few others. Joe and Brandan are the first two calls I make though.
    CZ style pistols, I call either David at CGW or Stuart at CZC
    AK's... I would call either Jim Fuller from Rifle Dynamics or Billy Cho who is now with AXTS
    AR's... I call Frank White from Compass Lake
    Custom Actions for bolt guns I lean to Stiller

You get the picture:)

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I typically stick with a platform. 1911 but not sticking to just one maker. Same with an Ar platform or an Ak. In double action revolvers I am Smith guy simply for continuity and because as pretty and smooth as Colt revolvers were there price was too much. In single action revolvers I stick to ruger. So in a way yes i follow certain brands but in a way i am following platforms as well.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Within reason, if it goes bang I'm interested. No Jennings,Davis etc. I tend to lean more S&W but that was my first handgun so it's probably biased.

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    3 Rules about which gun to own:
    One size does not fit all.
    Don't follow the fads. Do the research, read!
    Lastly: Only hits count.
    .................:@ya:................<>< Duce

Top Bottom