• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Something about it seems more, "meaningful." I don't know what it is, but smokeless powder just doesn't have the same "feeling." (That is about as touchy feely as I get). I also like that a little hot water down the brl, and some bore butter and you are *done* cleaning.
    You want "meaningful"? Try making your own powder. Everything you need can be found right here in the wilderness of IN. I haven't done it, but did quite a bit of reading on the webz last winter. Doesn't look too difficult, but seems like it may take a few attempts to get a feel for it and to learn to get the wood gasses out of the char. Trial and error...I may give it a try this winter when work slows down.

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That would be awesome, and a lot of fun.

I would hate to make some, load it up, have a bead on a buck, and pull the trigger to have nothing happen though. I think I would still stick to my inline and triple 7 for deer hunting.:D

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Richard, not to thread jack but do you have a light on? Are they let out or cooped up? Fresh water? nesting material?

Yea they have unfettered access in/out of the coop 24/7, at least in/out of the coop's run.

I replenish their litter/nesting material at least once a week (deep litter method) they always have plenty of water (multi-gallon waterer), and while they do have a heat lamp (250w red spectrum) I only turn it on when I need to keep the coop just warm enough to keep their water from freezing & to keep them from getting frost bite on their combs.

There are a couple of windows in the coop, facing north, so they get a little bit of indirect light in there during the day, it is definitely not enough light to keep them laying regularly though.

I guess that I could add a small 15w florescent light w/timer in the coop, that wouldn't be a big deal since I've already got power ran out there.

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    I can see where some of you guys might be coming from.

I'd just thought it would be fun. And FYI- i didn't ask for addresses. But I guess this was a stupid thread. :(

But carry on. Can a admin change the title to (random stuff) :D

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I can see where some of you guys might be coming from.

And FYI- i didn't ask for address.
    I don't feel like it right now, but I'm sure someone will come along soon enough to demonstrate just how easy it is to retrieve this info from the webz by posting your address, phone number, email address, pictures of your parents, etc....

I'm not coming down on you, just having some fun and pointing out to you what I learned from the amazing members of INGO in the past couple years.

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't feel like it right now, but I'm sure someone will come along soon enough to demonstrate just how easy it is to retrieve this info from the webz by posting your address, phone number, email address, pictures of your parents, etc....

I'm not coming down on you, just having some fun and pointing out to you what I learned from the amazing members of INGO in the past couple years.

Challenge Accepted. :draw:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Is this the "gauntlet" previously mentioned?

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville

Let's see. Member of:
    shootersforum.com
    firearmstalk.com
    gunandgame.com
    omgili.com
    gunsnet.net
    thefirearmsforum.com
    forums.qrz.com
    gunforums.com
    cityprofile.com

(Thanks for formatting my URLs crappily, forum software)

Last edited:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Address's are not needed, it is pretty easy to find out where people live, what they look like, where they grew up etc. Some people are easier than others..... just saying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom