• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    SO I should have to take the driving test all over again, spend money on something I do not want, to go buy a gun from a company with **** poor customer service? A store that treats people who choose not to drive or cant drive like second rate customers not worth their time unless they can invade your privacy? thats one stupid Idea.... Change who I am and what I belive in and feel for a company? Did you think that Idea through before you typed it?

I do feel for you. I would of thought also that with all you had, that it would of been sufficient.

But, ask yourself a question... If they would of sold you that Taurus and you didn't like it, and you decided to sell it here in the classifieds, what would you have required to see before selling it to an individual ? Would you have asked to see more than just proof such as State ID ? I ask because I see in the classifieds that it appears the majority ask to see a DL and also a LTCH. Some even ask for a bill of sale. They have every bit as much right to protect their a**'s as we do. Just my :twocents:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't know why everyone keeps telling him to get a driver's license. He doesn't drive, he doesn't want to get a driver's license. He has gotten the official state alternative to the driver's license. He has to get one to save the children.... how many times have I heard everyone on this group make fun of that as an excuse when given by politicians...

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    But, ask yourself a question... If they would of sold you that Taurus and you didn't like it, and you decided to sell it here in the classifieds, what would you have required to see before selling it to an individual ? Would you have asked to see more than just proof such as State ID ? I ask because I see in the classifieds that it appears the majority ask to see a DL and also a LTCH. Some even ask for a bill of sale. They have every bit as much right to protect their a**'s as we do. Just my :twocents:
    But the verification requirements to obtain the DL or the ID are identical. The only difference is one allows you to legally drive. The other doesn't.

I'd accept one at a FTF transaction...unless they're driving. Then we may have an issue. :):

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    No matter how you cut it the policy is wrong.... If you go so far as to not allow non drivers to purchase how about black and hispanic customers? they could just say that because some black homie from chicago got a fraudulent ID, bough a gun and killed someone back in chicago that all blacks are to be treated as chicago thugs? Hispanics you can lump into MS13 or some other drug running bunch of losers?

Thats pretty much what Bradis has done to nondrivers. I have a state ID I must be a gangbanger looking to go through the hassel of a NICS check just to buy a gun.... if that were the case why didnt I just go to Dons guns or buy one private party? I mean seriously if you cut the fat and get right down to the gist of it. I was lumped into a group with some chicago child killing thug....

And if the policy was that I could show some medical documentation why did the clerk not say anything?

Me : filling out paper work
    Him: looks at my ID... we dont take state ID
    Me: Bewildered Look
    Me: umm.... I dont drive
    Him: Its our store policy not a state law
    Me: bewildered look

I left and went to gander, dicks, Dons, ITP,

He never once mentioned the ID rule when I was shopping and looking, now when I said I would like this one....

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Sorry for the Double post...

But yes If I sold it I would ask for Government ID, License, state ID, Military Card and License to carry. I know your not required to have a licenese to purchase but to Cover my butt I would ask for one... that shows they are a proper person.....

Yeah it was that bad... I really wanted a 24/7 Pro DS.. I love the gun I have handled it...It felt right in my grip. So yeah I went looking for a 24/7 elsewhere.

It was one of those my permit is coming soon, So I saved up some money, kept myself from reaching in a taking a little out here and there and when the time came I went to purchase. So to me its a real big deal.

My 1st Handgun Purchase.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I don't know why everyone keeps telling him to get a driver's license. He doesn't drive, he doesn't want to get a driver's license. He has gotten the official state alternative to the driver's license. He has to get one to save the children.... how many times have I heard everyone on this group make fun of that as an excuse when given by politicians...

Bradis has made a policy and they are sticking to it. It is their prerogative to do that. We don't have to agree with it. OP can now go somewhere that will accept his state ID. It's the way the world works.

Bounty #1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    How about if you spent as much time as you have on here looking for a gun store that will satisfy your needs. Sounds like your a great customer for Don's. I love Bradis, have never had any problems and have always had great experiences EVERYTIME I've been there. Quit whineing, and be the man that you should be if your expecting to carry a gun.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    But the verification requirements to obtain the DL or the ID are identical. The only difference is one allows you to legally drive. The other doesn't.

I'd accept one at a FTF transaction...unless they're driving. Then we may have an issue. :):

I totally agree. If in a FTF, I would be fine with that if I knew the person and their lack of a criminal record. Now, if the person was a complete stranger, I would want to see a LTCH to accompany that State id, just the same as if they had a DL.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    How about if you spent as much time as you have on here looking for a gun store that will satisfy your needs. Sounds like your a great customer for Don's. I love Bradis, have never had any problems and have always had great experiences EVERYTIME I've been there. Quit whineing, and be the man that you should be if your expecting to carry a gun.
    Shooter??? :):

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Bradis has made a policy and they are sticking to it. It is their prerogative to do that. We don't have to agree with it. OP can now go somewhere that will accept his state ID. It's the way the world works.

Oh, I agree. I stated earlier they have the right to set whatever policy they want. I just find some of the defenses on their behalf ironic.

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Wow so someone just made an account to flame me... thats kinda funny... Bounty #1 go troll somewhere else.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Oh, I agree. I stated earlier they have the right to set whatever policy they want. I just find some of the defenses on their behalf ironic.

my :twocents: can't really be put out here. Whether I agree with the policy or not, it is their policy. OP knows this now and needs to shop elsewhere. :dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I realize that this, being your first handgun purchase, makes everything a bit more frustrating, but I think you're starting to make some leaps about discrimination that aren't quite deserved.

Rather than make accusations about discrimination, it would be better to voice your disapproval over the policy, decide if you'd rather give another shop your hard earned (and saved) money, and move on.

Shooter??? :):

:laugh::laugh:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    First, let me state that neither I nor any of the Bradis employees who are members of INGO are in a position to change store policy - that is set by the owners and the management. If you have an issue with it, you need to call and talk to them.

I work at Bradis part time, and have for the past 10 years or so. As I understand it, the policy of not accepting state IDs as a form of identification for the purposes of purchasing a firearm is due to the relative ease with which a state ID can be fraudulently obtained. There have been a couple of high-profile crimes committed in years past (one of which PPM mentioned) using weapons purchased from Bradis by improper persons using forged Indiana State ID cards. As a result, the owners decided to stop accepting the state ID as a valid form of identification except in extenuating circumstances (person has a medical disability that prevents them from qualifying for a driver's license or is a member of the Armed Forces stationed in Indiana, for example). There is a large sign on the entry door of the shop notifying patrons of this policy, as well as smaller signs at the cash register and on some of the firearm display cases.

On a related note, to the OP:
    You keep going on about how the gun you were planning to buy was "missing" things. All Taurus firearms ship from the factory with two magazines and two keys. If the gun you were looking at did not have all of its accessories, it was probably a pre-owned gun, which would have been indicated by a white tag.

Bounty #1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Wow so someone just made an account to flame me... thats kinda funny... Bounty #1 go troll somewhere else.
    I've watched this site for a very long time. Never have I seen such a cry baby. I don't like Walmarts polices either so uhh i don't shop there. Go to Elmore's or Pops. Get over it

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom