• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i want to know really bad why Bradis sucks....i was in there on wed morning and the employee (I dont know his name, middle aged bald gentleman with glasses) was very helpful and friendly in helping me decide on a new 9mm.

I have purchased quite a few guns there, and yes some workers are better than others, but for the most part i have had great experiences (shoutout to jamie for helping my dumbass with the tantal :) ).

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Lets hear it

Okay Thumper if you are gonna run off at the mouth you need to provide your experience or as I am sure you were told when you were a little guy, " If you don't have anything nice to say Keep the mouth shut!!!"

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Okay Thumper if you are gonna run off at the mouth you need to provide your experience or as I am sure you were told when you were a little guy, " If you don't have anything nice to say Keep the mouth shut!!!"

this.

i have been waiting for the proof- not because i have to defend anyone's honor, but because i want to know who to buy (or not buy) from.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    thanks for the advice I was hoping to make a good return with trading in my sig 556 and possibly my FAL, and maybe by bulgy SLr-95, decided to kep the slr-95 because finding another one down the road may be difficult as all hell, still thinkng about getting rid of my 556 and possibly my FAL, while I love shooting them ammo price (of the .308), and compatibility may make me sell to ge tsome AR goodness. butwe will see. right now I want to start shooting NRA service rifle, but trying to find something in an A2 config is nearly impossible let alone an actual match rifle. so I may wait, keep an eye on the classifieds though as I may change my mind again and sell everything.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I don't have experience with PSS so I'm un-fairly biased for Bradis .

I've dealt with the young guy and the older guys and haven't a problem with either , even when I'm just looking .

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I like Bob and PSS but Bradis always seems to be the one that lightens my wallet. Several times, since I've moved here. Good prices, good folks.

I've heard some really stupid things in gun shops - more from customers than employees but it does goes both ways. Honestly, I've heard nothing out of sorts from employees when I've been in Bradis, PSS, Beech Grove or AAC.

Eh, to each his own.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Don't try to get prices over the phone either... it wastes everyone's time.

:dunno:

Don't you almost have to hit that big ol' sign at Bradis that says "call before you buy" just to get into their parking lot?

Man, I live in Crawfordsville and bought my last 5 guns from Bradis and PSS.

You can betch yer ass I'm calling first. If they ain't got it, I ain't drivin' for $2.75 a gallon/16mpg and 3 hours out of my day.

Neither place has a problem giving you their price - or inventory - over the phone.

That's one of the reasons you hear almost everyone say great things about them - they take care of their customers.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    :dunno:

Don't you almost have to hit that big ol' sign at Bradis that says "call before you buy" just to get into their parking lot?

Man, I live in Crawfordsville and bought my last 5 guns from Bradis and PSS.

You can betch yer ass I'm calling first. If they ain't got it, I ain't drivin' for $2.75 a gallon/16mpg and 3 hours out of my day.

Neither place has a problem giving you their price - or inventory - over the phone.

That's one of the reasons you hear almost everyone say great things about them - they take care of their customers.

What do ya know, we finally agree on something! I call Bradis, PSS, Premier Arms, Fort Liberty, Pearsons before I start driving if I'm looking for something specific. It's an hour to any of them, and I figure if they are too busy to answer I can shop at one of the others. I've always gotten an answer from them.

Actually, I don't call Bradis now. I actually went in once, won't go back unless I need something in particular and can't find it elsewhere, like maybe ammo to feed my Mosin. The employees were perfectly helpful and friendly, but I'd called ahead looking for a leather holster for my 92FS. Girl said they had some, I drove an hour to get there only to find out they didn't have any. That bummed me out, but I could understand whatever miscommunication took place because the place is a frigging madhouse, people packed shoulder to shoulder. I just don't like crowds, and that store is nuts! But for folks who don't mind crowds, they are obviously doing something right.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Correct. What we @ Bradis won't do is give a customer a trade-in value on a gun over the phone. We need to see and evaluate it (make/model/finish/condition/accessories) in-person before we can talk dollars.

Checking inventory or looking up prices on new/used guns in the shop? Heck yeah; such requests make up the bulk of incoming calls. Of course, that's also why it can sometimes be hard to get through on the phone...

I'd called ahead looking for a leather holster for my 92FS. Girl said they had some, I drove an hour to get there only to find out they didn't have any. That bummed me out, but I could understand whatever miscommunication took place because the place is a frigging madhouse

1) Sorry for your wasted time and effort. Could be we only had one and sold it before you arrived, or whoever you talked to on the phone could've simply been mistaken.

2) The crowds have slacked off a lot in recent weeks, as the pre/post-election panic begins to subside. Weekends can still be fairly busy, but not elbow-to-elbow all day. You oughtta stop in again next time you're in the area.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I was in Bradis yesterday........I tend to do my looking midday and midweek...the crowds tend to be not as heavy. As usuall I did not leave the store empty handed. Of course they did not stock everything I wanted....but no one does. Good prices/good service/good shop.......:twocents:

Top Bottom