• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoglog

Expert
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I was lucky enough to be of age to vote for the last two Presidents and gunshop of the year. Even though I am 0/2 on Presidents, I am 2/2 on gunshop of the year!!

Onrails

Plinker
    Mar 16, 2013
    I purchased my first gun from you guys 12 years ao and you were all very helpful. I still carry my sig 239 to this day.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Who didn't see this coming? Too many other good gunshops not getting a fair shake

Then those other gun shops need to try harder.
    Bradis earned this.
    Any gun shop in Indiana has a shot at this.
    Too all those that did not win, good luck next year, and remember to take care of your customers, they will remember.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Congrats to all the fine folks at Bradis. Your victory is well-deserved. There are many fine gunshops in Indiana. Bradis is just the best.

ViperJock

Master
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    How so? Seems to me we had the same chance as everyone else starting out.

Disclaimer: never been to Bradis and don't really care who wins.

Well, for one thing you are near a major population center which gives you a larger number of people who are able to cast a vote. So for example maybe you really impressed 1000/2000 people that visited your store and 100 of them voted for you. Now take the LGS in Podunk IN that only got 500 people through the doors. Say they really impressed a whopping 400 but the same percentage of those customers voted giving them a score of only 40. Relatively speaking, a higher percent of Podunk gun shoppers voted for them but you would win simply because of the number of people nearby enough to shop with you.

I'm not saying that you didn't deserve to win; I have no idea. I'm just saying gun shops in larger population centers have an advantage. It is what it is.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Feb 20, 2010
    Disclaimer: never been to Bradis and don't really care who wins.

Well, for one thing you are near a major population center which gives you a larger number of people who are able to cast a vote. So for example maybe you really impressed 1000/2000 people that visited your store and 100 of them voted for you. Now take the LGS in Podunk IN that only got 500 people through the doors. Say they really impressed a whopping 400 but the same percentage of those customers voted giving them a score of only 40. Relatively speaking, a higher percent of Podunk gun shoppers voted for them but you would win simply because of the number of people nearby enough to shop with you.

I'm not saying that you didn't deserve to win; I have no idea. I'm just saying gun shops in larger population centers have an advantage. It is what it is.

Using that line of logic then BGF or Elmore's should have won as they are closer to the center of the larger population.
    I continually see where people comment they have driven past multiple LGS's or driven 1-1 1/2 hours to go to this LGS. They must be doing something right. :dunno:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'm just saying gun shops in larger population centers have an advantage.

4 of the 5 finalists are in the greater Indy metro area (i.e. the same market), but your theory only goes so far; a number of shops in the Indy area didn't even make it past the nomination stage, while some smaller/more remotely located shops did.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Congrats Bradis crew, you have a superb shop and crew! Your shop is a must stop any time I am in the area. And I can honestly say I see Bradis advertise a lot more on here than any other shops. I live on the ohio river but I know what Bradis has in stock and what it doesn't! :):

Top Bottom