• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The NRA gets bashed BECAUSE we have to ask them where they are on current issues. I think you are putting the cart before the horse.
    Interesting take on the NRA. Most posts I read are that people want to quit the NRA or not join because they get too much stuff from them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Interesting take on the NRA. Most posts I read are that people want to quit the NRA or not join because they get too much stuff from them.

I just throw the **** away. My problem with the NRA is the corruption at the top, and fundraising off of scary things. The article posted had donate buttons all over it. Not that I begrudge them for asking for donations. It's an association. But I also wonder about what motivates them. If it's all about power and dues, yeah, we can benefit from that tangential relationship, where they serve our needs because they want our money. But that's not how associations should work. They should be about the cause first.

That said, I encourage people to donate to NRA-ILA fund. You don't have to commit to become a member if you don't want, and I'm pretty sure those funds don't fund WLP's suit collection.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Submitted my comment to DOJ/ATF. Also wrote Senator, and WH (My state rep isn't taking emails as she is retiring and probably on a beach somewhere. Ill email Victoria Spartz as soon as she takes office.)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just got this Email from Aero Precision.

If you are receiving this email, you are part of Team Aero and our industry desperately needs your help.

The BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) recently released information on how they will be determining the legality of Pistol Stabilizing Braces and whether they should fall within the National Firearms Act. There are countless concerning angles to this topic, but we will try to get straight to the point.

The most recent notice outlines criteria that are judged purely on subjective determinations as opposed to definitive statements that clearly identify what does or does not constitute a legal configuration of a braced firearm. This leaves both firearms manufacturers and owners at the mercy of ad hoc judgement of the BATFE. It allows for case by case determinations by individual agents in which no manufacturer or gun owner, let alone the agent themselves, can reasonably know what is legal or illegal.

Aero Precision does not agree or support this type of re-interpretation in which millions of law-abiding gun owners can be affected, and worst case, turned in to criminals at no action of their own. This could also have a lasting and catastrophic impact on the firearms industry and American businesses like Aero Precision. Thousands of jobs will be lost and the estimated economic impact to our industry eclipses 1 billion dollars over the next year alone. We urge you to review the BATFE’s most recent proposal, get informed, and take immediate action.

WHAT CAN I DO?

First and foremost, visit the link below and comment by January 4, 2021. This topic is currently open for comment on the Federal Register. It has been conveniently opened for comment over the holiday season and is a very short 14 day window. Keep comments professional and double check all information as improper comments will be discarded. www.federalregister.gov/documents/2...r-classifying-weapons-with-stabilizing-braces

SHARE this information with everyone you know. This determination has an impact well outside Pistol Stabilizing Braces. It affects us all.

Write your local and state representatives and tell them you do not support this type of action.

Support the Firearms Regulatory Accountability Coalition (FRAC) www.fracaction.org

We appreciate your support of our company, our industry and most of all our rights as Americans. We will continue to stand against the constant unjust actions against the 2nd Amendment and hope you will do the same.

Team Aero.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

Well, yeah, when I was a member, I'll admit that I used to get really irritated with the number of times they would mail me full-color pamphlets or cards asking for more money. If they hadn't spent so much on mailings, they wouldn't have asked for constant donations.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, yeah, when I was a member, I'll admit that I used to get really irritated with the number of times they would mail me full-color pamphlets or cards asking for more money. If they hadn't spent so much on mailings, they wouldn't have asked for constant donations.

That organization is a bloated tumor.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Ha! I mean, they’re not wrong though. Sometimes the NRA shoots themselves in the foot pretty hard. It’s just time for Wayne to step down. Long overdue

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I still give money to the NRA on a yearly basis. I just donated 2 weeks ago. But it would be a lot more, and I wouldn't ***** so much, if they could just make a few administrative changes.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I still give money to the NRA on a yearly basis. I just donated 2 weeks ago. But it would be a lot more, and I wouldn't ***** so much, if they could just make a few administrative changes.
    I think this is where most people are at, plus all the fear mongering based fundraising

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I personally knew a board member. He said that they get a donation from about 1 out of 3 requests they send out, so it does work, even if people don't like it. BTW NRA members can request that they be taken off the mailing list. I've been off it for years.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Will Georgia in January be the next election we lose due to lack of a strong NRA presence?

How many more elections will we have lose after that before we all realize that the NRA is necessary to maintain the existence of the 2A?

The other organizations are fine, but why are we not seeing them on the news?

Where are the GOA or other gun organization spokespeople and adds for our candidates in Georgia?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Will Georgia in January be the next election we lose due to lack of a strong NRA presence?

How many more elections will we have lose after that before we all realize that the NRA is necessary to maintain the existence of the 2A?

The other organizations are fine, but why are we not seeing them on the news?

Where are the GOA or other gun organization spokespeople and adds for our candidates in Georgia?

The nra and trump alienating it's base lost the election. Wlp would have to leave disgraced, and they would have to take a major turn from their fuddish policies if the nra wants to exist in a generation.

Top Bottom