• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It's the firearm as a whole that they have a problem with. You could home build this with legal parts. Let's all build honey badgers.
    I could put the legal brace on my 300 blackout pistol and save thousands.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Well, their receiver might be proprietary, but the Weasel would be pretty much a pistol with the brace. And they want to look at that one. So here we go.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    If you read the origins of the thread grandfathering has not been an option. They have already forced the confiscation of and surrender of factory braced guns that sold from the factory in that configuration. Also there are states that allow pistol configuration but not sbr so if you're in those states you don't have a tax stamp option, and technically a felon right now. Not only is that wrong, but the atf has proven they can and will do it. They have been pushing ever since getting the green light to self legislate. This fiasco with q will bring Sba3 into question. We're talking 5 times the numbers that bumpstocks were, easy. If you think it stops there you're diluted. It's an easy leap calling braces stocks and just as easy to say that a semi auto has to fast of a trigger that can imitate full auto fire. Every little chunk of freedom we negotiate away opens up the next chunk. It all matters, and agreeing with their intent to use as a stock enables this abuse.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The 1st Album I ever bought if memory serves...(:oldwise:) because I liked that song and others on the vinyl.

It was years before I really figured that one out. Guess I just didn't care.
    Well it’s a good song. It just tells of an experience with a woman who was really a man. It doesn’t go farther than that.

This makes it pretty obvious:

Well, I'm not the world's most masculine man
    But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man
    And so is Lola”

But I didn’t know right away either. I mostly listen to the music and not the lyrics. I usually prefer instrumentals. To me the vocals are like an instrument for melody and are unimportant otherwise. That’s probably why I hate pop music and I don’t care for rap. But then one time I payed attention to that song’s lyrics, especially those lyrics above and I was like :n00b:

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m basically in agreement with those who think that if regulators say they’re okay and then change that and say they aren’t okay, that’s a problem.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It's the firearm as a whole that they have a problem with. You could home build this with legal parts. Let's all build honey badgers.
    I could put the legal brace on my 300 blackout pistol and save thousands.

Yes. So basically they are saying that even if they say a brace is a brace, it may not be a brace depending on how the pistol is equipped. They specifically mentioned optics and accessories. So your set of buis could turn your pistol into an sbr if the field agent at the range thinks so

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So anyway...IDC what your opinion is on the regulation. My real ponder is what will happen to the hundreds os thousands of AR pistols with sig brace? Remove the brace or pay 200? If you’re paying 200 you might as well get a legit stock.

Me.
    I think the employees os the ATF should "buy back" the stocks, out of their own salaries.
    They approved it. Waited for a buttload to be approved, then changed their mind.
    Same as the bumpstocks.
    Out od their own salaries.

But I know that'll never happen.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And FYI, my comment about 'sneaky' had nothing to do about a 'lola'.
    And more to do with you either pay for 'love' up front, or you pay in the long term.
    Up front is cheaper.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Me.
    I think the employees os the ATF should "buy back" the stocks, out of their own salaries.
    They approved it. Waited for a buttload to be approved, then changed their mind.
    Same as the bumpstocks.
    Out od their own salaries.

But I know that'll never happen.

What about the people who have laid out huge money for complete guns in this configuration. No way they are just giving them up. Screw that :poop:

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    What about the people who have laid out huge money for complete guns in this configuration. No way they are just giving them up. Screw that :poop:

Thats my point. According to Q, they are not grandfathering them in. They said there are about 4 million braces out there. SB tactical has been trying to get the ATF to publish a set of rules on braces, but so far they have not. One of the pistols that Q makes uses the SB3 brace that most of us have used. If they reclassify them you would have to pay the $200 for each one. Not a big deal I guess if you only have one, but if you have several it can get expensive. Not to mention the time and additional money it will take to get fingerprinted and then have to wait for your firearms to be legal again to use. They don’t have a definitive set of rules which is the problem. Now they seem to be making it up as they go. I agree $200 isn’t a really big deal, but if they are changing the rules after approving braces. There isn’t anything that says they can’t make it more expensive to do what it originally intended, make it too expensive for the average person.

There are 2 videos about it from Colion Noir. I believe on YouTube.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Thats my point. According to Q, they are not grandfathering them in. They said there are about 4 million braces out there. SB tactical has been trying to get the ATF to publish a set of rules on braces, but so far they have not. One of the pistols that Q makes uses the SB3 brace that most of us have used. If they reclassify them you would have to pay the $200 for each one. Not a big deal I guess if you only have one, but if you have several it can get expensive. Not to mention the time and additional money it will take to get fingerprinted and then have to wait for your firearms to be legal again to use. They don’t have a definitive set of rules which is the problem. Now they seem to be making it up as they go. I agree $200 isn’t a really big deal, but if they are changing the rules after approving braces. There isn’t anything that says they can’t make it more expensive to do what it originally intended, make it too expensive for the average person.

There are 2 videos about it from Colion Noir. I believe on YouTube.

You're forgetting all the people who live states that allow pistols, but do not allow nfa. Tax stamps are not the answer

Top Bottom