• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My oldest got to shoot his Cricket for the first time. He's 5 and did an incredible job of being aware of his surroundings while handling it. I would load it for him, give him the rifle, and he would shoulder it lining up his sights. Then, he would pull the plunger back, his finger nowhere near the trigger. After waiting for a couple seconds keeping the sights on target he would slowly creep his finger towards the trigger and fire the rifle. Really proud of him for being extra safe. I didn't have to correct him once on muzzle control.

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

HK P30 9mm
    IMG_1002.jpg

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Awesome, and reps for getting a fine looking young man interested in shooting, and getting the wife out there too!

Time to teach them to clean them now!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    She shot my P30 and liked it, but she has bad wrists and it bothered her a little bit.

Then get her a full size, steel frame pistol. My daughter has more problems with a light weight 9mm than she does with "her" full steel Browning HP on one of my full size CZ 75 pistols. The added weight of the all steel guns will be your wife's friend as it will help control the recoil and her wrists will be much happier.

A P30 weighs 720 grams / 1.63 pounds; a CZ 75 weighs 1000 grams / 2.1 pounds, that is a 30% increase in weight and a corresponding decrease in felt recoil. A Browning HP will weigh in right at 2.0 pounds so is almost the same weight as a CZ 75.

A 9mm 1911 might also be a nice choice for her, but those will typically be somewhat lighter weight because most 9mm 1911 pistols are built on a lightweight alloy frame so most will be in the 1.6 to 1.9 pound range so really not much heavier than your HK. If you can find a steel frame version then that would put the gun over 2# and would also be another great choice for your wife.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Reminds me of the first time I let my boys shoot...ages 6 and 4...( with dads help of course) I have it on video. Great pictures

Top Bottom