• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Two hats I came across, now being sold to unwitting kids across America. They are clearly working to make communism fashionable again.

I will never buy another Adidas product.

Hammer & Sickle Hat, by Adidas
    Adidas proudly presents the trendy new Hammer & Sickle hat! Nothing says "cool" like honoring the Soviets. Also available in RED.

From the Adidas website, in their own words:
    “Show your love for the former USSR during training time in this adidas Marx A-Flex Russiacap, featuring a six-panel low-crown fit, deep pre-curved brim, an Always Cool^TM^ sweatband to wick away the moisture, and a hammer-and-sickle graphic.”​

Fidel Castro Hat, by Adidas

To avoid appearing racist, Adidas also created this homage to Cuban Dictator Fidel Castro! Now we can have little Fidel's running around the neighborhood in olive drab. Viva la revolucion!

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    People who wear stuff like that disgust me.

You know it's going to be mostly kids who don't know. And the reason they don't know is because they aren't being taught history (REAL history) anymore in school.
    Ever pick up a text book from your average public school kid and flip through it?
    Even their "current events" are watered down from the "media" and spoon fed.

I have a whole other rant about history books, but that's another thread.

34oSc

Adidas is a worldwide company.
    What do you expect the little Rooskies to wear? Stars and Stripes?

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    It never ceases to amaze me the different response to Soviet vs. Nazi symbols.

The Soviet Union was easily the equal of Nazi Germany for pure evil, and by sheer body count, far outstripped Hitler's death toll.

Yet, one guy selling Nazi relics at a gun show is enough to discredit 80 million US gun owners. College kids running around with Soviet propaganda symbols on their clothing or jewelry is cute, fashionable, stylish, retro.

Chic pseudo-intellectual nostalgia for the Cold War days, I guess, when there was a whole empire of Communism instead of just a few unshaven assistant professors of Marxist sociology or women's studies scattered around the campuses of the US. How they must long for the good old days.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've got a huge crush velvet Soviet flag that has Lenin on it that I had hanging on my wall for years. I took it down when we redecorated my computer room. I will hang it back up when I get my new house built and my man cave set up. I bought it in Hungary. I also have all kinds of other stuff with the the hammer and sickle on it. Does that make me a commie?

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I've got a huge crush velvet Soviet flag that has Lenin on it that I had hanging on my wall for years. I took it down when we redecorated my computer room. I will hang it back up when I get my new house built and my man cave set up. I bought it in Hungary. I also have all kinds of other stuff with the the hammer and sickle on it. Does that make me a commie?

No it doesn't! Just like flying a Flag at the Congressional building doesn't make them AMERICANS! :patriot:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Alone, no. To fly a flag of a group is usually taken to be symbolic of an admiration for or agreement with at least some of the principles held by that group. I personally would not fly a flag with a Soviet or Nazi symbol. Is there some reason why you will hang that particular Hammer and Sickle? Just a sentimental reminder of a pleasant trip there, maybe? (honest question, no sarcasm here)

Blessings,
    Bill

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I have a collection of silver soviet coins. And by now you guys should know how I loath their ideology.

Like the guys at gun shows with WWII relics, I see nothing wrong with collecting and studying history. And their collections have not contributed money to the communist cause.

This Adidas hat is propaganda, not history.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Adidas has always been my favorite brand for shoes and lounge around clothes. I won't get upset until I see young kids running around wearing this stuff.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008

I was a student in the USSR, and brought back a flag. Doesn't make me a commie. I know from being there what a screwed up system Communism is.

I have no objection to your Lenin flag.

The only thing I object to is people who will wet their pants over Nazi artifacts, but then turn around and casually wear Communist symbols or pictures of murderous Commie leaders on their clothing. If symbols are that important to them, then they should pay attention to what their own symbols mean.

I don't get the impression that you are clueless about the evil of Communism. Now, if you adopted a hammer and sickle as your avatar, and then started squawking and howling over some other member's Nazi stamped Mauser K98, then I would start to wonder about you.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Alone, no. To fly a flag of a group is usually taken to be symbolic of an admiration for or agreement with at least some of the principles held by that group. I personally would not fly a flag with a Soviet or Nazi symbol. Is there some reason why you will hang that particular Hammer and Sickle? Just a sentimental reminder of a pleasant trip there, maybe? (honest question, no sarcasm here)

Blessings,
    Bill

I graduated school in 95 and I remember my current events teacher telling me that the fall of the Berlin Wall would somehow affect our lives and I thought, ya, wtf ever. I went to Germany right after basic training and heard peoples stories about how it used to be there with the wall up and how they weren't allowed to do as much. I went to Ukraine in 96 for a 2 week training exercise and traded all kinds of trinkets with the hammer and sickle and Lenin on them. I then went to Bosnia in 97. On the way back, we stopped through Hungary and I bought the flag in a gift shop on the US base there.

Here's what it represents to me. The Soviet Empire was one of the largest in the history of the world and we beat them without firing a single f'ing shot. The things that were symbolic of that empire are now reduced to being trinkets bought and sold. I view these things as trophies.

Top Bottom