• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Marion County Fish and Game's Bowling Pins Match will be this Saturday, October 23rd at 9 AM. Setup will begin at 8:30 AM and we would appreciate the help of a few volunteers. The Safety Meeting (required for new shooters) will be at 8:45 AM to explain the rules. At 9:00 AM, we will begin shooting.

The cost is $3 per bracket for club members and $4 per bracket for non-members. All money goes toward the club and/or making the competition better. Youth (under the age of 18) shoot free with a paid adult. If you are interested in shooting Pin Heads, bring your .22 LR's (pistol or rifle). In the event of rain, we'll shoot steel plates from the covered firing line.

If you would like to receive future announcements about Bowling Pin Matches at MCF&G by e-mail, please send me a message at BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com and ask to be added to the list.

Bowling Pin Shooting is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of a range officer (RO), or at the designated "safe table". Violation of this or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

If you have any questions about the match, please read the rules posted at: www.IndyRange.com (look under "Programs and Events" > "Bowling Pins") If you are unable to find an answer posted in the rule, please feel free to email me.

Please let us know if you are willing to help as an RO, or as a scorekeeper for the match. Volunteers are the lifeblood of our sport, and of our club. With our numbers continuing to grow, we ask that everyone does their part to help the match run as smoothly as possible. Please be ready when it is your turn to shoot, help reset the pins, and volunteer to keep score.

Hope to see you on Saturday!

~John

BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    How many shooters usually show up for this event? I would like to shoot, but I also want to go to a event at Atlanta Conservation Club at 2PM. Just wondering if I would have time for both? And to really push the limit, I would really like to be able to fit in some time at the Indy 1500 Show at the fairgrounds. Great weekend for a gun lover!!!!

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    How many shooters usually show up for this event? I would like to shoot, but I also want to go to a event at Atlanta Conservation Club at 2PM. Just wondering if I would have time for both? And to really push the limit, I would really like to be able to fit in some time at the Indy 1500 Show at the fairgrounds. Great weekend for a gun lover!!!!

MCF&G is done at noon.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis

Seems like we've been running anywhere from 15-30 people. If you want to show up and shoot only the first bracket, you'd be done by 10-10:15 even if you advanced to the finals. We're pretty laid back about people coming and going.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Just a heads up- you can shoot the pin heads with whatever caliber you want.

First time I went I didn't know that before going.

If I go Saturday I'm going to shoot a pocket .380 in the pin head round.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    If Don is seeing this I hope you bring out your Kahr .380.

Not that I'm issuing a challenge or anything. I mean it wouldn't be right since my .380 is a Sig... :draw:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom