• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Marion County Fish and Game's Bowling Pins Match will be this Saturday, July 24th at 9 AM. Setup will begin at 8:30 AM and we would appreciate the help of a few volunteers. The Safety Meeting (required for new shooters) will be at 8:45 AM to explain the rules. At 9:00 AM, we will begin shooting. The cost is $3 per bracket for club members and $4 per bracket for non-members. All money goes toward the club and/or making the competition better. Youth (under the age of 18) shoot free with a paid adult.

If you are interested in shooting Pin Heads, bring your .22 LR's (pistol or rifle). In the event of rain, we'll shoot steel plates from the covered firing line. If you would like to receive future announcements about Bowling Pin Matches at MCF&G by e-mail, please send me a message at BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com and ask to be added to the list.

Bowling Pin Shooting is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of a range officer (RO), or at the designated "safe table". Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

Rules are posted at www.IndyRange.com: If you have any questions about the match, please read the rules posted at:
    www.IndyRange.com (look under "Programs and Events" > "Bowling Pins")

If you are unable to find an answer posted in the rules, please feel free to email me. Please let us know if you are willing to help as an RO, or as a scorekeeper for the match. Volunteers are the lifeblood of our sport, and of our club. With our numbers continuing to grow, we ask that everyone does their part to help the match run as smoothly as possible. Please be ready when it is your turn to shoot, help reset the pins, and volunteer to keep score.

If you're new to competitive shooting, we encourage you to check out Indygunracers.com - Indiana Practical Shooting Information. It shows upcoming shooting events for 3-gun, Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup), Bowling Pin Shooting, Cowboy Action Shooting, ICORE, IDPA, Multi-gun, Steel Challenge, and USPSA.

Hope to see you on Saturday!

John Freeland
    BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Planning on attending my first match. Minor Div (Glock 17) and Pinheads. I know you guys always get centerfire pistols shooters, any Pinhead shooters going to be at MCFG's Bowling Pins?

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Please bring me up to speed on the rules for Pinheads with a rifle. In this instance, what are my penalties or limitiations if I shoot a Sig 522, 25rnd mags, red dot unmagnified optic?

I understand there will be a pinhead added for the optic, but one thing I know I don't know, is if there is a limitation on my magazines. May they each be loaded with only 7 rounds, or fill 'em up?

Anything else anyone knows that I might oughta' know?

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For pin heads (and full size) we add a pin for optical sights and we add a pin for rifles. So if you shoot a rifle with an optical sight you'll have 7 pins on your table.

I don't have the rule book memorized yet and can't seem to find my copy at the moment, but we've always loaded pistol mags to their capacity when shooting pin heads. (For .22LR pistol shooters that is usually 10 rds.) We can check Saturday morning, but unless there is something buried in the rules that says there is a limit of 10 rounds in a mag for pin heads, I'd say load 'em all the way up.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I was at MCFG today and ran into 2 other shooters sighting in their "bowling pin" guns. Should be a good turn out, I hope.

I don't know about Pins, but at FNS we consider this practice to be cheating. That shiny thing out front on your barrel is just decoration, nothing more...

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    I was at MCFG today and ran into 2 other shooters sighting in their "bowling pin" guns. Should be a good turn out, I hope.

It was great meeting you again.

The event was really well ran and very, very friendly.

I'll be back for sure and even bringing the boss (wife) next time!

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I had a great time today. Highlight for me was shooting pin heads with the 45.:)

I will echo the friendly part, they even let me win the second bowling pin bracket.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Don told me to let you win the semi round. LMAO!

What a blast. Definetly exceeded my expectations!

Top Bottom