• ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    You just don't use em enough if your having rust problems!:D

No really, all four of my kids have an ESEE, no of em have rust problems and we never oil em or coat em with anything, matter of fact my oldest boys Junglas is stripped.

I don't know...every so often I cut a scrotch brite and the rust disappears, would use it more if I could get out and go camping.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    in it's plastic sheath, in my pocket...

I carry my 3 IWB in its Kydex sheath and never have any issues. However if I am doing serious manual labor I always take it out so it dosnt get covered with perspiration. If you sweat a lot it could be your problem.

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Try wiping it with mineral oil every so often. This is what I do to mine and it works good. Just do it once or twice a week and you should be good.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    For $50 I'd buy a Kbar. I carry mine in the woods and it works decent for just about everything. For that price (cheaper than my Izula- which I EDC) it isn't heartbreaking if you lose or break it.

It took a LOT of work to re-profile it into a wicked sharp tool though.
    As far as rust on 1095 steel (both the Kbar and ESEE knives are 1095) I have never had a problem with my Kbar but the Izula will rust sometimes if I forget to wipe it off. The worst was when I had nothing else to chop up ice for my cooler.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Went to wal-marx today and bought a Winchester bowie for about 20bucks. took it out in the woods thinking it would be everything i needed. at best i was able to shave some kindling and chop as well as notch wood. is there any other practical use for this bowie? ie skinning game? btw I'm new to the outdoor lifestyle and i hail from the city to boot

Axes, hatchets, tomahawks are chopping tools. Knives and saws are cutting tools.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I am looking for an all inclusive knife lol. something big enough to work with and get things done but not weigh a lot. the knife is stainless steel and heavy. shaving the wood was a pain. i need something lower maintenance and something i can put my life on. any suggestions.i need survival type

Get a Leatherman super tool.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Bowie Knives

First let me say that I am not a knife snob. If you enjoy a knife that you have purchased great. My own choice to chop wood being a hatchet or an axe. Just don't expect a tool to serve all functions.

Top Bottom