• compound or traditional?

• Total voters

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Biggest mistake was trying a no peep sight. It mounted just above the arrow rest. It was optic and had a dot that you aligned in a circle. Very sensitive to adjust. Also hard to keep in line when looking at the pins.

What brand no peep sight was it?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    they have them at Cabelas

I'm thinking about getting one, gonna look around some of the bowhuntin boards and see if anyone has tried it.

beez1954

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Still have 3 or 4 XI bows from my 12 years as support technician for Escalade.
    Haven't been able to hunt since I moved to the Indy area in 2004.
    Escalade has since bought Bear Archery.

Greg

orangefennell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Howe, IN (near Shipshewana)
    Last year I finally got my first buck with a bow I have had a parker compound bow that I got when I was 16. This year I am going to use my recurve bow but I have been practicing all summer and cant hit much outside of 30 yards with it, and most of our stands are for shotgun season. So the prospect of even getting a good shot is low.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    mathews

i shoot an SQ2 and some old beman 400's. magnus snuffer heads. bought my boy a diamond black ice last year. when he can pull 70 lbs he can start carrying my mathews and I'm stealing the 60lb draw diamond back.

Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    Had a PSE that was all decked out. Shot it for a while. It reminded me of shooting a 22 rifle. Traded it off for a kerosene heater.
    Bought a Bear Stag Hunter 55# recurve and never looked back. I built my own laminated longbows and hand carved self bows for years. My last one was a 62" 4 layer maple and glass longbow with about 62# draw that threw 625 grain ash shafts with some pretty good speed. Still have all my reference material, just not the tools for building.
    Always used cut on contact heads like Bear Razorheads or Ribteks. I saw a demo once on the penetration abilities of different heads and the cut on contact type only took about 40% of the force to do the job.
    I still have my Pearson all solid glass bows that my uncle gave me. One is 20# and the other is 50#.
    Man, I may have to start shooting again. Didn't realize how much I miss it.
    I need to read up on IN game law. I haven't been in the woods since we moved from MO.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom