• compound or traditional?

• Total voters

salemons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NorthWest Indiana
    Just got a used Martin Phantom 2. Got back into archery about 2 months ago after not shooting for at least 25 years. Didn't realize how much I missed it. Guns are fun but so are bows.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    55# Bear Kodiak Magnum, homemade (stained, painted crest and fletched) cedar arrows topped off with personal fine tuning sharpened Zwickey broadheads. I can not wait until October 1st!

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Here is my set up.
    Mathews DXT
    60# [set at 55#]
    28" draw
    Gold Tip 55/75 Pro Hunters.
    Short-n-Sweet release
    Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg It w Wrap
    Custom torqueless grip
    Mathews T5 quiver
    Mathews convertible II rest.

met eng gun nut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I shoot a hoyt but agree that the technology out there is uniform and any preference can be found with all major suppliers. I have 5 bows from different makers...hoyt, merlin, diamond, and proline and think that they all are good

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Depends on what you mean by near.

Pigeon River FWA is north of Ft Wayne by Mongo & they have both gun & bow ranges.

Tri-country FWA is by Syracuse. They have a gun range. I think they have a bow range but I'm not 100% sure.

There is a bow range at Bixler Lake park in Kendallville.

All the above are free with no RO's.

jlm223

Aim Small Miss Small
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Muncie
    Fred Bear Done Deal 70# 80% let off, got it last year, love it. Had Golden Eagle before that and a Browning before that

Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    I only shoot Traditional bows. All of my bows are built by John Brooks here in Indianapolis. I have a short Indian Bow, English Long Bow and a Static Recurve backed with snake skin. I also have a couple of his 12" bows to shoot in the garage.
    If you were at the Indy 1500 the last show of 2008 and the Jan 09 show, you may have met John and seen his bows.

XFCTR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Columbus
    I have a geat Martin Savannah Long bow. At 55#s it is amazing how quick it is. Sorry Eric I still won't let you have it back.

mudwater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Wells County
    PSE Mach-12

Have a PSE Mach-12 single cam. I have it maxed out at 30" and 75+lbs. I have been having fun "tweeking" it in but have done all I can to it. Technology is changing so much with the new parallel limbs and faster cams on the newer models. The newer bows are faster right out of the box!
    Had a few aluminum arrows left from a Browning Bridger II. They did not last long with the Mach-12's agressive CAM. Carbon Express arrows are holding up fairly well.
    Biggest mistake was trying a no peep sight. It mounted just above the arrow rest. It was optic and had a dot that you aligned in a circle. Very sensitive to adjust. Also hard to keep in line when looking at the pins.
    Do not know if anyone mentioned the range at Huntington Resevour. Bring your own target though. The targets there will not stop a arrow with much velocity.

Last edited:

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    Oldies but Goodies

I have used an old Bear Whitetail 2 that has served me well for the last 20 years, and I was recently gifted a Paul Bunyon archery set from the 1940's or 1950's complete with the original box, arrows, targets.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I have't hunted with a bow in years. But when I go again I'll take my trusty Bear "Blacktail Hunter." Probably better put on a new string though.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom