• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have family at the base of the foot hills around a half hour drive from the fires...... they have a lot of friends and people they know in the general Denver/Boulder/Colorado Springs area....

It is very dry out there, there have been two big brush fires in their area in the last month or two (I have seen the aftermath of both with my own eyes).

I am not worried about them becuase they are pretty far away but others are not so lucky....

Just remember that you can loose it all in a matter of moments....... just look at what happend in Detroit......

balorg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Bloomington
    I also used to live in the same area and it has been dry all summer. I am not surprised that the fire spread as quickly as it did. This is a good example in which if you in a area prone to fires, then you need to have a fire line around your house. This fire is also partly due to the lack of control burns by the county.

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    Another CO front range native here (Castle Rock). More and more folks moving in, less and less water coming down (snow, rain) and more getting used on yards and golf courses doesn't make for a pretty picture. My folks got evacuated a couple years back with some of the big brush fires and had friends loose homes and horses. It's sad, but puts things in perspective regarding what's really important in life.

Top Bottom