Bought my girlfriend a handgun. Tanfoglio GT 380 Auto.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Bought my girlfriend a handgun. Tanfoglio GT380 Auto. Homemade backstop pics added

Got it off of a friend for $75. I know they're not worth much but it's definately something fun for her to shoot that she can control a little more than my 45.

Finally located some ammo and threw up a target for her to shoot at today after church. She did really well once we got her stance and grip right.

10 yds.
    DSC01090.jpg

First mag. 6 of 7 rounds on the paper. 1 is a bulleye. Beginners luck I say.
    biggrin.gif

DSC01088.jpg

Last edited:

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    tanfoglio's are same as CZ-75 whixh is a great gun! Good score on the 380 amo :)

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Good job!

(tell her "well-done!" for that trigger finger placement!)

Good thing about having a "cheap" gun that tends to have feeding and ejection issues is that she gets to practice safe handling techniques. A lot. :D

There's a range up here that has reloaded 380 Auto ammo that they sell for $15/box when you give them brass in exchange. I had about a hundred range pickups laying around so we had more than enough to get her comfortable with it. Wish I could've gotten more since they had about 1600 rounds in stock.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That's an interesting place to shoot. It looks like there's no backstop. What's downrange?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That's what I was thinking too :popcorn:
    It looks like it's all farmland and the trees in the background may hide something, that's why I asked. After the recent story about the guy being struck by a stray round in his bed from 1/3rd mile away, I find myself a lot more aware of what's downrange and where my shot is going. In this case, I'm not implying anything, I'm just asking as I'm curious.

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Well I don't have a way to explain it so I just took pictures of our backstop. This is our handgun backstop only. Just behind the house in the woods we have an old tree trunk for our rifle backstop (~100yrds). My father made it a few years back out of I-Beams.

If we miss the backstop entirely which sometimes happens, we've got the woods behind the backstop, 1000yrds of open field, then another 300yrds of heavily wooded area, then another 500yrds or so of setaside field before coming close to the nearest home.

It's dark but I think the pics came out okay. It's got a lead trap in the back and the lead also accumulated at the bottom I-Beam. Once we use the lead, we melt it down into jigheads for our smallmouth fishing trips to Lake Erie.

DSC01099.jpg

DSC01101.jpg

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Yes, hearing protection is always used. When my entire "family" shoots (mom, dad, brother and g/f, myself and g/f) we always use eye/ear protection.

We've actually got some more 3/4" I-Beam chunks that are 3' long each that we are going to make a second backstop like the one we already have. I've also got some 1/2" plate steel I'm going to plasma cut some 8" plates to setup a little course in the woods. A little "tactical" course of my own so-to-say.

ETA: I was about hit by a neighbor's ricochets one year while groundhog hunting behind the house. I was atop a hill overlooking the creek glassing the banks when I heard gunshots followed by bullets whizzing through the air around me. One planted in the soil about 4" from my left foot and shot soil all over me. I ran like hell to the house and was hyperventilating while trying to explain what just happened to my parents, who were on the phone shortly after trying to figure out who it was that was doing the shooting. So, needless to say, I make it a point to be more aware of what's beyond any target before I even touch the trigger.

Last edited:

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I've never seen a "foglio" let alone a tan one.

Nice deal on a Tangfolio though ;)

So, why is it that most of us cannot spell something that we are probably looking at as we type? Every other thread I look at has the name of a gun misspelled in the title it seems...

Us Hoosiers need to band together to stomp out this stereotype of us being hillbillies with no education.

Top Bottom