• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Got my LTCH on Thursday so I went out a bought my first gun on Saturday.

I have had my eye on a 9mm Beretta PX-4 Storm for some time now and the folks at Indiana Gun Club had it priced very right at only a couple bucks above the cheapest I could find on the 'net. :rockwoot: Everybody and their grandma was shooting clays on that sunny Saturday so they were busy, but they were friendly enough.

Went with a friend to Applied Ballistics Sunday and put 350 rounds through it.:draw: No problems to speak of and enjoyed myself immensely. Where I've only just started and don't have much to compare to, my friend been shooting for years and swore it was the lightest recoil 9mm he has ever fired. At shorter distances, I could put some nice groupings together and I could even hit the paper at the end of the range despite my tendency to overcompensate for the recoil and push forward/down. Definitely going to a class soon to work on some of my mechanics.

The mags have really stiff springs so I had to use the auto-loader for the last 3-5 rounds in the magazine. The slide spring is a little tight as well, but I'm sure with a couple more range trips things will loosen up a bit.

Field stripped and cleaned it on my workbench after the range time. Taking it apart is a little more complicated to me than a basic semi-auto due to the rotating barrel/cam system, but overall pretty simple.

Thanks to everybody on INGO for their helpful suggestions on both the Storm itself, but also the LTCH process and tips for the range. I definitely understand how this little hobby can quickly grow!

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    There's little that can compare to the day you get your first pistol. Looks like you are going about it in the right way too. Learning, asking questions, preparing for training, etc. I'd highly recommend a good Force on Force class soon. It will open your eyes on how to effectily train to carry the gun properly and confidently. The Beretta should serve you well. Yep, almost as good as a Glock!

Congrats and have fun with your new gun. Be safe. :yesway:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Congrats! As said before, little compares to your first purchase like that. I can still remember driving home grinning like an idiot with my new Springfield 1911 setting in the passenger seat. I kept looking over at it like I had the prom queen setting next to me; you'll remember that for decades to come!

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    There's little that can compare to the day you get your first pistol. Looks like you are going about it in the right way too. Learning, asking questions, preparing for training, etc. I'd highly recommend a good Force on Force class soon. It will open your eyes on how to effectily train to carry the gun properly and confidently. The Beretta should serve you well. Yep, almost as good as a Glock!

Congrats and have fun with your new gun. Be safe. :yesway:

Thanks! I was actually at dinner this weekend with a Veteran Marine Recon Sniper. He spoke very highly of the Glock 19 he carried. "Ugly thing, but I could throw it at the wall and that thing would not go off." I might have to take a closer look at those sometime . . .

why did you wait to buy a handgun after you got your ltch?

I filed my taxes Saturday so I knew how much I was getting back from Uncle Sam. Gotta love those energy efficiency tax credits. Plus, maybe I'm mistaken but I felt like a handgun w/o a LTCH is kinda like having a car that only sits in the garage, ya know?

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    im pretty confident that i could throw my storm at the wall and it wont go off either :rolleyes: typical Block head :D

but great choice i live mine its a great gun i have never had 1 problem with it, very little recoil

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    GoDawgs, congratulations on the new purchase. Make sure you get to the range and think about some training if it fits in your budget.

cburnworth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    i have started looking at the storm. I saw an ad the other day on the storm carbine & it shares the same mags as the pistol. I will have to look at both a little bit more.

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    i have started looking at the storm. I saw an ad the other day on the storm carbine & it shares the same mags as the pistol. I will have to look at both a little bit more.

I have heard good things about the carbine. For the pistol, I wanted something different than the standard Glock/XD that seem to be very popular first guns, but didn't want to have to skimp on quality or pay HK/SIG prices. The Storm line definitely fit those requirements. Plus, it's much better looking than its rivals, if I do say so myself :):.

Top Bottom