• ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    check out THIS listing. He must have bought it at the HEIGHT of the shortage :rolleyes:

Hi-Point 9MM Handgun

Im selling a Hi-Point 9mm. handgun
    3 1/2 barrel
    Last Round Hold Open
    Chamber Observation Port
    1911 Mag. Style Release
    8 Shot Standard Magazine
    Adjust. 3 Dot Low Prof. Sights
    Grip Extension
    Mag. Lock-Out Saftey

Asking $300 paid $500
    Call 812-430-5082

I posted the ad here so that you can view after the post gets shut down which I HOPE it does.

dumdum.jpg

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Last I heard Crystalship was leaving us. Moving if I remember right. Don't want to start a rumor though that's just what I seem to remember, perhaps someone that knows that for sure could chime in.
    He would have gotten a BETTER deal at DONS about $250 to $300.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Wow, the internet is such a powerful tool. Just plugged the number into google, and after a few clicks found that the phone number is registered to an individual in Evansville, IN...so it could be a member here.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Was @ a local shop a couple of wks ago & heard about this guy who flipped out @ the sight of Glock pistols for $470. He was upset because he got "a package deal" @ Don's. It consisted of a Glock pistol, Fobus holster & mag pouch & 1 box of ammo. All of this for the paultry sum of .................... $1000!!! :n00b: :eek: :nuts: :ugh::hooked:

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    It's an Evansville number, but I have don't think there are any local gun shops with the reputation of Don's. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's fishing for a sucker...

Edit:
    Haha I googled the phone number...
    :laugh: Does this phone number look familiar?

craigslist via google said:
    Adult feature films dvd's and vhs
    Asking $200 for all. if interested call 812-430-5082. Location: Evansville Northside; it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial ...

Edit #2: Google is scary... the guy's resume is just below ^^that^^

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Castleton, Indianapolis
    Yeah, after going all internet detective and reading his resume I found this gem:

"Attributes: Responsible, punctual, considerate, professional, confident, honest, and hard working. Also excellent problem-solving skills, willing to take on new tasks as well as a fast learner. Looking for advancement."

And he's selling a ton of stuff on craigslist, shingles, baseball cards, microwave etc. It all seems overpriced, do you think he actually sells any of it?:n00b:

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I would suspect that he is just trying to rip someone off. "Hey buddy, I paid $500 for this gun but will sell it for $300. That will save you $200.... My loss, your gain!"

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    If they had a better trigger instead of that cheap plastic toy-like one that had a lot of travel and sideways slop, I would probably have one just to throw under the seat of my pickup truct. I can tolerate those triggers on their 995 carbines, but not on their pistols. I would not ever consider buying one until the trigger is improved. I do not think that the weight would bother me for the uses that I would have for them.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    If they had a better trigger instead of that cheap plastic toy-like one that had a lot of travel and sideways slop, I would probably have one just to throw under the seat of my pickup truct. I can tolerate those triggers on their 995 carbines, but not on their pistols. I would not ever consider buying one until the trigger is improved. I do not think that the weight would bother me for the uses that I would have for them.

Owned both. Seemed like the same trigger to me:dunno: YMMV

Top Bottom