• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Plus 1 on Sawyer. I do not have the. 02 but I have 2 of the all in one kits which include the point one filter, bucket kit, and a couple of bags to use as the squeeze filter. I think I paid about $70 a piece for these. I use one in the squeeze formation for backpacking. The other one is in my wife's bob in her car. These are great filters...especially for the price. Throw in a bag of pool shock and for less than $100 there's more safe water than you could drink in a lifetime.

I agree we have the 1 and I just invested in a 2. For the price you are getting the most water.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    any updates

None yet.

I sent an email to the dude in charge of wastewater treatment for my city (Mishawaka) and he said they do water testing for free but usually in late spring/summer. They have the chemicals there to do it (then). Typically they offer this for citizens that want their drinking water or pool water tested.

I explained the reasons I was wanting samples tested and I got a canned response about the safety of drinking water in the city, and some other mush I didn't care to read. He did say they didn't have any chemicals at this time to do the water quality test, but assured me that once warmer weather gets here, it would be no problem testing the water.

He did mention that I could pay a lab or other company (that offers the service) to do water sample tests, but it seems rather bothersome messing with the labels, containers, shipping and such. My intentions are to wait until the water treatment company will test it for me (for free) since extra money is hard to come by these days.

I hope this helps.

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    survival cookie is on it. we invested in a .1 micron system from sawyer. at 1 million gallons, I don't think you can beat this system. eventually we will get another one, just for redundancy, that way we will be covered no matter where we end up, or who is with us. just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom