• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I priced a M&P 15 MOE at Plainfield SS for $1119 in stock.
    That dark earth furniture is purdy.....
    They'll be coming down more in the near future. You can see the frenzy backing off with the avilability of ammo.

Ended up with a XD9 3" with Trijicon for a fair price.:rockwoot:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I priced a M&P 15 MOE at Plainfield SS for $1119 in stock.
    That dark earth furniture is purdy.....
    They'll be coming down more in the near future. You can see the frenzy backing off with the avilability of ammo.

This M&P15 MOE?

picture.php

Picked it up at PSS on Saturday. Bob was running a 5% off "assault rifles" sale and this set up is exactly what I wanted.

I've noticed availability certainly coming around. I had really priced ARs that much during the "frenzy" but they seem to be dropping in prices. Bob had a decent selection - quite a few DPMS, 2 Sig 556s and even a few of the "Colt" .22LR ARs, a couple M&P15, a Stag Arms, and a Daly Defense (that my brother bought).

PSS also had a big pile of .223 in 1000rd cases in the shop.. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up any ammo down there....

We were going to go to Bradis to check out the AR selection but after spending all our cash at PSS we decided not too...

Last edited:

hountzmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    SE Indiana
    Glad to see things are moderating some.

I'm hoping to pick up an AR here soon. I was thinking of getting a stripped lower and building it myself but with these low(er) prices I may just get a complete gun.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Glad to see things are moderating some.

I'm hoping to pick up an AR here soon. I was thinking of getting a stripped lower and building it myself but with these low(er) prices I may just get a complete gun.

If you have average mech skills and patience, I'd suggest building one. That way, you build it the way you want and know it inside out.

That said, my opinion and 5 bucks will get you a coffee at Starbuts! ;)

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Ouch Vlad. Can someone fix that name for you or is it too late?

I've got the word out to fix it, just waiting.

I am also thinking a build is the way to go. Pick up the lower now and spread the rest over time, not taking the big $ hit at once on a complete rifle.

While I think the supply will go up, but all it'll take is another AWB bill getting some lip service to raise the fear factor again. I should have invested in ARs instead of stock in the past few years!

Top Bottom