• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Hot tip for you if you are looking for an AR15 in Northern IN. I was in the most depressing town in Indiana (Elkhart) today and a customer told me that Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka and Elkhart are having a sale on DPMS Sporticals (optics ready, no irons, AR15 Carbine with collapsible stock). This is a flat top model with an A2 barrel. They are selling them for $589 BRAND NEW until 6-11-09. I just had to dump some money into my motorcycle so I am unable to get one of these but if you can, i would it!

WIth that said, without naming names, some of the bigger shops and distributors are dying to get rid of AR's that are now overstocked, hence the monster deals. I bet the people who spent $1800 buying a Colt A2 at H&H FIrearms are going to be kicking themselves!

Last edited:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    they and the other shop, ZM Guns i think, didn't raise the prices when things went haywire.... atleast from my info....

ZM sets up at the shipshewana show, which there have been 2 of since the election. each show they had STACKS of DPMS for $700 and under. STACKS. 2 different models.

the gougers won't get a ****ing DIME from me.

and elkhart IS depressing! hahahaaa!

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008

A little bit late with the news I see :D did you mean 6/11?

Also I have never heard of the shop you're referring to, Midwest Gun Exchange maybe? Maybe I'm wrong but I have never heard them referred to anything else.

dascollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    It is also worth noting that these have slickside uppers - no forward assist. Interestingly, the only Sporticals listed on the manufacturer's website are listed in 5.56, not .223 as Midwest lists them - I'd be curious to know if they're actually chambered .223 or if they're 5.56.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Maybe, just maybe... the manufacturers are starting the catch up with all of those orders. Prices were cheaper at the Louisville Gun Show than other 2009 show prices I've seen.

standeford

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    According to the sign outside Bradis, they have new 223 ARs for $599. Wouldn't be surprised if they are offering the same ones as above.

It was too late when I finished mowing or I'd have checked it out further.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Midwest did raise their prices during the frenzy but pretty much just up to MSRP for most of the stuff I was looking at. They have almost weekly sales that they send out in emails. Some are really good deals others aren't. Gun prices are definitely coming down just can't wait for ammo to do the same. (I'm thinking sometime this fall ammo will start to come down)

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Ditto. Midwest charged me $750 for my NATO Sportical during the Frenzy. Thats $50 OVER MSRP.

I had been saving for an AR before the hysteria hit... and by the time I had the money, the Sportical was all I could afford. I'm over it now though: its been a great gun, and it was worth the price I payed.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I bet the people who spent $1800 buying a Colt A2 at H&H FIrearms are going to be kicking themselves!

They are ignorant and will never know they over paid. We never ran out of AR's and never was over retail, usually at about 10% less than retail or more. Some shops count on ignorant customers, I want the smart ones that come back and back.

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    just called and confirmed the deal is good at the Mishawaka location, the Elkhart location didn't know what i was referring to. Apparently it's in the weekly email deals, signed up for the email over the phone. They said to mention i'm signed up for the email but just haven't received it yet to get the deal. I'm seriously considering this as my first AR15, mainly for a plinker and occasional coyote gun. Any more opinions on the gun?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I heard Midwest Gun Exchange likes to call the feds on people who order thousands of rounds of ammo at a time... good for them if that is true.. they will never get my business just because of a nasty rumor like that.

Wouldn't you want some evidence that it is true before you advocate this type of action? Strikes me that 'innocent until proven guilty' is a quality we should embrace. Now I've never had any dealings with M-W Gun Exchange but I'm not going to buy into 'rumors' like that without a good deal of real evidence.JMO

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    They are ignorant and will never know they over paid. We never ran out of AR's and never was over retail, usually at about 10% less than retail or more. Some shops count on ignorant customers, I want the smart ones that come back and back.

Man, you are a great guy! They should call you Plainfield Shooting Supplies North or call Plainfield 21st Century South! Both charge only 10% over cost and are great guys!

ARs are coming back BIG time and at pre panic pricing. Bradis and Plainfield have RACKS of the damn things. Bob never gouged, but ran out frequently. Bradis went up slightly, but had the volume to keep at least one in stock. Their pricing went down. AAC on the other hand was a bit disappointing. They went up a bit, but recent shows sold slightly above normal pricing, nothing to get in a twist over, but enough for me to search harder.

If things improve in my situation, I will be considering an AR soon.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I heard Midwest Gun Exchange likes to call the feds on people who order thousands of rounds of ammo at a time... good for them if that is true.. they will never get my business just because of a nasty rumor like that.

call the feds and tell them what? hey I just made a bunch a money off this law abiding citizen go check him out. IDK whether they do or not, but I don't see any reasoning behind it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The problem with rumors is that they generally contain a small amount of truth, clouded in a mess of misinformation. Be careful.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom