• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    BOTACH TACTICAL

The Good - I've ordered a half a dozen times from these guys over the past few years. Always the best prices w/price matching.
    $1 123 batteries (in 20 packs.)

The bad - $13.00 minimum shipping

The ugly - UPS shipments from Kalifornia always iffy on whether you'll get it in 4 days or 10.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    The first, last, and only time I ordered from them I had a bad experience. I've decided to not order from them again.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I ordered from them one time with no problems. They do have great prices.

But, the negative feedback on GT was enough for me to not tempt fate again.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    There are at least a half dozen forums that have pages of complaints about Botach. I think your experience may be a rarity.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    But, the negative feedback on GT was enough for me to not tempt fate again.

Whoa, who knew, apparently I didn't. I checked feedback on these folks years ago when I first ordered from them and never looked back. My apologies, if I've directed anyone to a company that, seemingly, so many others have had problems with. You'd think they'd be out of business with that much bad press.

I got an email add from them yesterday on magazines. I ordered and they shipped last night. That's what motivated me to post here.
    They'll still get my business, until I have a problem. However, I guess I'd have to change my recommendation to use at your own risk.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I've ordered quite a bit from them, and have only been singed once. I was persistent, though, and got my stuff.

Ordered some stuff a couple weeks ago, and actually got a call from them telling me one item was out of stock, and wondering what I wanted to do.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I ordered my m3x light from them. They were including 20 batteries with it at the time. They sent me the wrong light, and it didn't have the batteries with it. Hell, it only had 1 of 2 batteries it should have come with normally. I called, and they treated me like I was stupid. The light's box had the model markered out on the end, so I had no clue which light they sent me. The lady I talked to told me they only carry one anyways, even though their site gives you choices. I think I hung up on the lady and called back a week or so later. I finally got it figured out, after having to talk to a supervisor, and told them just to credit my card. Well, a week later I have another light on my doorstep. This would be fine, but I had just bought one at the 1500 a few days prior.

After getting the wrong stuff and being treated like I was an idiot, I have steered away from them. More power to you though, if you have been getting good service.

Monkeyleg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    I'm in the online gun accessory business (I won't promote my own site here, though), and I can't believe how bad Botach's reputation is. I hear horror stories all the time.

What's worse, I can't believe they're still in business!

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've ordered from them 2 times without incident and the third time was an absolute and complete disaster. If you decide to do business with them, I'd recommend calling first to confirm stock and price before you order from them. Do that and you'll be good to go.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I've ordered from them, didn't have an issue with them. There was a mfg defect in a handcuff key and they sent a call tag with a replacement

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Botach can be hit or miss, and when they miss, it's a real PITA. One good piece of advice is to call and verify that the items you are ordering are actually in-stock.

I have done business with them on several occasions in the past, with mixed results. Anymore, it has to be an insanely good price or an item I can't find anywhere else, and I can't be in any kind of a hurry to receive said item.

My :twocents:

Top Bottom