• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    No, only our laws apply in interpreting our organic law and citizenship status. The operation of foreign law is inapplicable. I won't hold Obama to a legal standard that I wouldn't expect to be applied to me. If he was eligible for citizenship at birth according to OUR law, that is the ONLY question and the ONLY one I want an answer to. When he runs for UK PM then he can talk to the Brits.

But your father wasn't born in the UK, right? Therefore you have nothing to worry about. obamatard does. He apparently hold a UK citizenship aswell. That would be a disqualifier. We're not holding him to international law through this. It just shows he's got UK citizenship. Which, in and of itself, is a disqualifier.

Hmmm... UK citizenship, modeling the US after the Uk... is there a connection here? If you say no, how do you know?

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    At the time of his youth, you can hold duel citizenship until 18 then you would have to declare your citizenship via our laws. Regardless, if he was born in Africa as is claimed, he is not an Natural Born American.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    not according to the rules back then, she didn't meet the requirements to transfer that status. He would have also had to give up his citizenship when his mom got remarried and they lived in Indonesia, to come back as a US citizen, he would have had to go through the Naturalisation process, and still not be eligible.

This is why he won't release any education records either... they'd show his status as well.

Remember, kevinj110 asked:
    So I am just wondering I my mother is American and my father is Kenyan and I am born in America does that make me a natural born citizen. Even though my father isnt. (Emphasis added)

The answer to that question is "Yes, you would be a natural born citizen." Born in America, by itself, would qualify.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Based on the laws at the time of his birth Ms. Obama had not been in the US long enough in order for her child when born to have gotten automatic US Natural born status citizenship. There in lies the issue in which the suit is being filed on. I think if I recall that Ms. Obama needed to be in the states for at least 9 months **before** I6BO was to be born but alas she was not.

The rule at the time was that for the mother to confer citizenship to a child born outside the US with a non-US citizen father, she had to have been a citizen of the US and resident in the US 5 years after the age of 14. As an 18-year-old this latter requirement is where she failed.

And, BTW, remember that kevinj110's question specified "born in America" (in which I take "America" to be the common shorthand for "the United States") and "born in America" has pretty much always trumped all other considerations.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    You aren't bound by laws of the UK.
    The point is; by birthright, he holds their citizenship.
    By our law, he's ineligible BECAUSE of it.

No.

US law does not recognize dual citizenship. What other countries may say and/or claim is irrelevant.

What you have just done is tantamount to saying that other countries have veto power over who may or may not be eligible for the office of President.

Consider, my ancestry is Irish and German. Suppose one of those countries, Ireland say, were to pass a law that said that granted citizenship to anyone descended from Irish folk, would that mean that a fairly large portion of the US citizenry were suddenly rendered ineligible for the office of President.

That's an extreme example, that illustrates the point: What laws other countries pass about citizenship and who they grant it to are irrelevant to US law. In the same way that the claims about Indonesian citizenship (Indonesia does not recognize dual citizenship so, per Indonesian law, Obama would not have been considered a US citizen there) fail: what Indonesian law may or may not recognize has no bearing on whether Obama lost his US citizenship under US law (something that's actually pretty hard to do, and essentially impossible for a minor child).

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Actually, it depends on the year you were born.

in which year(s) did "born in the US" not equal US citizenship.

I will stipulate that Asian Americans and (strangely enough) American autochthons were expressly denied citizenship for a while, as were slaves pre-14th Amendment, but as a general rule, "Born in the USA" was to legally be a citizen.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Mombasa was part of the state of Zanzibar until 12 December 1963 when it was ceded to be incorporated into the newly independent state of Kenya.
    Mombasa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (all other sources agree)

From what I can tell, if he was born in Mombasa, he could not have been born in Kenya, but in Zanzibar.

What is confusing is that it gives all dates but the signature at the bottom as '61. The bottom signature is the only one that says '64.

I don't believe for one second that the other one from Hawaii is real, either. They did not have laser printers in '61.

I do not believe we've seen the real one, if one even exists.

I also think it's probably a moot point. And as long as he doesn't touch our guns or ruin the economy any more Bush did, I really don't care. Don't like the man, but don't really dislike him either.

Josh <><

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    That's all I'm trying to say.

The problem comes when you turn it around. Hypothetically, if US law said that he WAS a citizen (:lmfao:) and Brit law said he was a Brit citizen also, that would not be a disqualifier.

Example: I have a neice and a nephew who were born in England in 1986 to my sister and her husband. My brother in law is Israeli by birth, naturalized an American citizen in his childhood. My sister was born and raised here in the USA, and has never changed that citizenship status. My neice and nephew have dual citizenship by birth, and being born American citizens, have more right to that chair than Barry Hussein does.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    in which year(s) did "born in the US" not equal US citizenship.

I will stipulate that Asian Americans and (strangely enough) American autochthons were expressly denied citizenship for a while, as were slaves pre-14th Amendment, but as a general rule, "Born in the USA" was to legally be a citizen.

Not since 1866.

Amendment XIV.
    Section. 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States
    and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make
    or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of
    citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of
    life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any
    person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

We call some of them "anchor babies".

Blessings,
    Bill

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Not since 1866.

Well, the laws regarding both Asians and autochthons may have been Unconstitutional but they were treated as "real" until considerably later. cf The Indian Citizenship Act of 1924.

As for the Asians, it appears I was misremembering what I saw at the Japanese American museum in LA. The prohibition appears to be on naturalization rather than on citizenship from birth.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Say we did get BHO kicked out of office----would Biden go with him? Would Nancy Pelosi, as the next in line and a legally elected official, sit as president until the mess was straightened out? There are way too many questions about BHO's legitimacy that the libs are going to great lengths to blockade efforts to find out the truth or just severely ridicule those who bring them up, to just give up and go away. Someone knows the truth about these things including his place of birth to his Indonesian citizenship. Would we be better off with Biden or Pelosi in office? Both of those clowns scare me almost as much as BHO.

Top Bottom