• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    Menard's tends to only carry the larger sizes as I recall. Walmart, at least the ones near me, tend to have a limited supply. I've actually bought most of mine via Amazon as I've got free* shipping via Prime.

* - Yes, I know it costs me $79/year but we do a lot of shopping via Amazon.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Last time I bought one was from Gander for $17, walmart had them on sale for $14 last week. Gander also had CLP on hand, I haven't found that at walmart yet.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I have gotten mine at Blythe's, but I have gotten them online at Rangerjoes as well. Good prices at both. Course, I had to buy more, sometimes traveling has its disadvantages. Getting stationed in Germany, had to pick up more for the ones that I left back in the states. Now I have a couple extra, not looking to sell them, might give them to a Soldier of mine down the road.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I have looked at the ones at Menards, but all I have ever seen is odd ball calibers.

I believe I bought both of mine (.223 and 12ga) at Plainfield Shooting Supplies.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    How do you guys clean your bore snakes? I'd be a little leery of putting min in the washing machine.

I tie mine so it's not too loose then throw it in the washing machine. The only problem I had with throwing them in there without tying them first is they come out in a big knot. Other than that it works just fine. Usually throw them in with my terry cloths so my clothes don't smell like Hoppes or Break Free though.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    How do you guys clean your bore snakes? I'd be a little leery of putting min in the washing machine.
    My brother uses the bag you put delicate underwear in, so they dont get all wrapped up and knotted. Unfortunately, most all of mine have been acquired before I needed to wash them. Well, at least they went to other Soldiers, so I know they are being used. Also, i probably have 3 sets as well.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I tie mine so it's not too loose then throw it in the washing machine. The only problem I had with throwing them in there without tying them first is they come out in a big knot. Other than that it works just fine. Usually throw them in with my terry cloths so my clothes don't smell like Hoppes or Break Free though.

Whats wrong with smelling like Hoppes? :laugh:

Rip007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    My Walmart only carries them for 12 and 20 gauge, Gander was $20. I got mine from ebay for $10.

Top Bottom