• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Several months ago there was quite a hullabaloo about the Boone County Sheriff, Ken Campbell, and his "inappropriate" relationship with a woman of questionable moral character. Campbell was publicly humiliated and convicted in the court of public opinion but to the best of my knowledge was never charged let alone convicted of any crime.

I'm not wanting to reignite the specifics of what Campbell did or didn't do - but I question the motive behind releasing information and making allegations of alleged impropriety without sufficient evidence to bring formal charges. This, in retrospect, seems to have been a witch hunt with vague innuendo that seemed to serve no purpose other than to sell newspapers and perform a character assassination.

Did I miss something in the press where Campbell ended up being charged ?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Why does a crime have to be charged for the guy to not be fit for the position?

Besides, didn't he resign? If he didn't think he did anything wrong, he could've stayed and convinced people.

The reality is, he did mess up. I think he moved out of state.

Frankly, I think he did the right thing professionally once it was uncovered.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Did I miss something in the press where Campbell ended up being charged ?

You didn't miss anything, in fact you pretty much nailed it. No criminal charges filed because there was no criminal behavior, in spite of what at least one member here was convinced.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A married man having a long term affair with a prostitute (which it's said no money changed hands) may not be against the law, but it's CLEARLY a major character law.
    When a man would lie to his wife, he'd lie to me.

I've personally never known anybody who screws around on their spouse, that as time went on didn't show me other character flaws that made me come to the conclusion I was better off not hanging around them.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Guess I didn't realize I was in such magnificent and flawless company here. It appeared to me that he realized what the right thing to do would be and did it.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Wow, I took the class before the big deal,

OK as far as a sherrif He should keep up his standards up.

The divorce rate is 53%

Here's the deal, I went up there to polish my pistol skill, I didn't go up there to become his best bud,

Probably within 2 miles of the range there was a child molester, meth lab, wife beater, husband beater, and someone into bestiality or even worse a democrat liberal activist.

Yes each of us should strive to keep our standards the highest level, Even if you are not a christian the 10 commandments are pretty good ideas. So it looks like his activity is Boone Counties problem, His choice of bedmates is his problem.

He gave good instruction, He kept the line safe, He was helpful without being snarky, I got to train on techniques of night shooting and I became a better shooter.

Lets worry about important things like M&P's are better than Glocks and 40 is better than 45 and 9 combined.

Lets just keep things in perspective

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Ken & his wife have moved on (to deal with) with what ever personal problems (if any) they may have.
    Ken addressed any professional issues by removing himself from the public office that he was elected to TWICE.
    My understanding, no charges for a man having an affair. Flesh is weak, something about throwing stones.

I would imagine the plan to be COO of Gunsite just got advanced a few months because of Ken's earlier availability. Which got his family out of this confounded Indiana weather.
    I have called Ken my friend and will continue to do so.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Did you all feel the same way about Slick Willy Clinton? I don't know either one of them....just call them as I see em. Sounds like you guys knew Ken......that makes it harder to look at it then those of us who are just normal citizens and didnt know him.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't believe Ken lied to the nation when confronted. These two men handled a similar situation entirely differently.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    What business was it of the nations or Boone county? They both were politically elected officials that did the wrong thing, then was sorry when caught. I personally don't think this stuff should be any of our business, either one of them, but when it becomes public it then becomes our business.....it is what it is.

Would you have felt better if Bill said it was none of our business and retired and left Gore in charge? Talk about the lesser of two evils.........lol.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Would you have felt better if Bill said it was none of our business and retired and left Gore in charge? Talk about the lesser of two evils.........lol.

Would have felt better if he hadn't lied about it. When you put yourself in the public eye you'll have questions to answer. I don't care what adults do behind closed doors, be it the president, the Sheriff or anyone else other than my wife.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Would have felt better if he hadn't lied about it. When you put yourself in the public eye you'll have questions to answer. I don't care what adults do behind closed doors, be it the president, the Sheriff or anyone else other than my wife.

I agree. I have a hard enough time taking care of my family........let alone worrying about theirs. I know if I ever got caught doing something like that....the public opinion would be the least of my worries. Hell hath no fury like a scorned woman........especially a redhead, lol.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Just left Gunsite web site and confirmed Sheriff Ken Campbell is there. Glad to see it. I took his class, learned much and appreciated his stand on things like 2nd amendment rights, concealed carry, safety and honor. I am glad to see he continues to press on.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom