• ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    From the article:

Boone County - War veterans injured in Iraq and Afghanistan got the chance for a post-war exercise in Boone County this week.
    They are members of the National Guard based in Fort Knox, Kentucky, who gathered in Boone County to blow off some steam.
    It was a post-war exercise on the "home-front front line."
    "I started it back in Virginia. I was stationed in Northern Virginia just the past three years, so when I came out to Indiana I thought I'd bring it with me. Help out all the wounded warriors, wounded soldiers, wounded airmen, marines, around the United States," said founder SFC Ephraim Rogers.
    "Its good for them to get out and have a good time, relax. They've gone over and served our nation, and as a result were injured, some severely injured. And now its time for us to pay them back a little bit and allow them to have a relaxed time down time and have some fun," said Boone County Sheriff Ken Campbell.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    That's great. When this happens again I'd like to provide all participants with free hats and shirts from INGO! I'll try and get in touch with Sheriff Ken.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    From the video, it looks like some of the guns and the targets were supplied by Pat Rogers/EAG Tactical (Pat is shown taking photographs late in the clip), so hats off to him as well!

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah Pat was there...they were getting ready for the event when we finished our 3 day carbine operators class on Tuesday. Ken Campbell is a real right guy.:rockwoot:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I helped out at the shoot yesterday. It was great to see the way it helped the Warriors. When they got there they were pretty guarded but by the time they left they were all smiling and joking. They ran thru apprx 3k rounds between the AR's/ 870/ MP5 and the Glock 18. Couldn't get the Glock mags loaded fast enough for them!!
    Pat ran the "courses" of fire and a good time was held by all. Ken was the consumate model of a host. Got some local media coverage together and insured that everybody was made to feel at home.
    Overall it was the best day I've had in a long time. Watching those young men and women coming out of their shell and just relaxing was something I hope I'll remember for the rest of my life.
    Bob

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    That is wonderful!! I'm sure just getting together to talk things out helped them immensely, and getting to shoot was fun too.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It's good to see that people still care about our soldiers. They are reason we get to enioy throwing a little lead down range. Glad to see people helping those that give so much. :patriot:

Top Bottom