• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I finished this book 2 months ago, I could hardly put it down - FUN READ!
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060898771]Amazon.com: Emergency: This Book Will Save Your Life: Neil Strauss: Books[/ame]

I'm currently reading "Mastering Regular Expressions"
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Regular-Expressions-Jeffrey-Friedl/dp/0596528124/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244053090&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Mastering Regular Expressions: Jeffrey Friedl: Books[/ame]

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    A great book on Mindset, not giving up "Lone Survivor" Marcus Lutrell. Must read IMO.
    "Terror at Beslan" shows the mindset of our enemies. Our children are not safe.
    "98.6 Degrees: The Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive" Cody Lundin. Basic no nonsense stuff.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    "One Second After"
    by William R. Forstchen

"Ememies Foreign and Domestic"
    "Domestic Enemies: The Reconquista"
    "Foriegn Enemies and Traitors"
    by Matthew Bracken
    (in that order. One leads into the next)

TylerB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Obviously its a little more fictitious (for now) than the rest of the suggestions, but if you haven't read The Zombie Survival Guide its a good one.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/1400049628]Amazon.com: The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead: Max Brooks: Books[/ame]

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    'Night' by Elie Weisel. Read it my freshman year of HS and will always remember it as one of the best reads.

Amazon.com Review
    In Nobel laureate Elie Wiesel's memoir Night, a scholarly, pious teenager is wracked with guilt at having survived the horror of the Holocaust and the genocidal campaign that consumed his family. His memories of the nightmare world of the death camps present him with an intolerable question: how can the God he once so fervently believed in have allowed these monstrous events to occur? There are no easy answers in this harrowing book, which probes life's essential riddles with the lucid anguish only great literature achieves. It marks the crucial first step in Wiesel's lifelong project to bear witness for those who died.

Also, 'Rule By Secrecy' and 'The Rise Of The Fourth Reich' by Jim Marrs :yesway:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    If you haven't already read these books (many high schools and colleges require at least one of them), you "should" read:

"Animal Farm" & "1984" by George Orwell

Great insight and WAY ahead of his time!

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    Lone Survivor - Marcus Luttrell

I would second the book "Lone Survivor". I welled up with tears more than once for this guy. An incredible story! :patriot:

Side note:
    I heard on Glenn Beck's show that some cowards went to his house and shot his dog for no good reason. I wouldn't want to be those jerks. They'd never no what hit um!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Patriots, Surviving the Coming Colapse

Patriots by Rawles is usually pretty highly recommended. I liked it.

Also, can't leave out 1984. :popcorn:

:+1:

Plus any Vince Flynn Title

Order:
    Term Limits, Transfer of Power, The Third Option, Separation of Power, Executive Power, Memorial Day, Consent to Kill, Act of Treason

I would second the book "Lone Survivor". I welled up with tears more than once for this guy. An incredible story! :patriot:

Side note:
    I heard on Glenn Beck's show that some cowards went to his house and shot his dog for no good reason. I wouldn't want to be those jerks. They'd never no what hit um!

these... with special attention to vince flynn

and probably the best SHTF book out there.... patriots

these... with special attention to vince flynn

and probably the best SHTF book out there.... patriots

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Liberty & Tyranny, by Mark Levin. It has remained the #1 Seller for months now. It will explain a ton about what is happening to our country right now.

Death By Gun Control, by Aaron Zelman and Richard W. Stevens. Awesome historical look at all the regimes in the 20th century who disarmed their people, and all the genocide and human suffering that inevitably came afterward.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    I will give my vote for Lone Survivor! All will say is WOW. One of the best books I have ever read. And also "Final Salute: A Story of Unfinished lives." The best book you never want to read. It really makes you appreciate fallen soldiers and their families.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    Liberty & Tyranny, by Mark Levin. It has remained the #1 Seller for months now. It will explain a ton about what is happening to our country right now.

Death By Gun Control, by Aaron Zelman and Richard W. Stevens. Awesome historical look at all the regimes in the 20th century who disarmed their people, and all the genocide and human suffering that inevitably came afterward.

These sound extremely interesting and are just about the only kind of books I'm into reading anymore.
    I'll have to look for these the next time I'm at Borders, B&N, etc..
    :cheers:

Top Bottom