• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I loved it. I like the fact that at one point he says "people threw stuff away, stuff that we kill people for now". It was very "fallout-esque" but with an interesting religious twist. BIG fan.

That quote made the movie for me. It was epic.

Overall It was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I think it was very realistic to what the world would be like post apocalyptic. :yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I liked it. It surprised me more than once.

Some naked Mila Kunis would have been nice, but there was none to be had in this film.

I'm curious about the "shakes" issue, though. Is that a documented symptom of cannibalism, or a symptom of a disease spread by cannibalism (like a version of mad cow disease)?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Royal-1,

Maybe I didn't put it in the best terms but I'll elaborate since you asked.

I believe in God. I believe Jesus Christ was his Son and our Savior.

I go to church on and off. I am NOT willing to put my religious beliefs before YOUR religious beliefs. I am unwilling to base my position on "government policy" on scriptural teaching. I am willing to allow others to worship or not worship the Almighty in any way that they desire so long as it does not conflict with laws written by society.

I am not a zealot.

I belief that each person can worship God in their own way, whether that God is Jehovah, Jesus, Allah, Buddha or their Ancestors.

But I guess most importantly I believe that on this world I will follow laws I consider moral and try to change those I consider immoral. One does NOT need any religion to necessitate morality.

I have read most of the New Testament all the way through, though not all.

In short I consider myself a Christian but not a biblethumper. Even as a "from time to time" church goer I still have a bunch of bibles in the house.

Do you honestly think that single most published and printed book of all time could be diminished to ONE (1)???

According to one source there were 2,458,000,000 bibles printed in the United Kingdom between 1816 and 1975. So, let us guess that there may be 3 BILLION bibles in the United States alone today. After all, we are a very Christian society.

So if you decided to wipe out half of the bibles in the "big boom" that would leave 1.5 billion bibles. Now, with a greatly diminished population according to the story line let's pull a too big to be true number of 100,000 bibles being burned each and every day. 1.5 Billion divided by 100,000 = 15,000 Days. Divide 15,000 days by 365 and you have 41 years of constant burning to get rid of all remaining bibles. That is IF you burned 100,000 every single day. I don't know about you but I think most folks would have more important things to do other than burn bibles.

Like I said in my first post I did like the movie because I like post holocaust. But the premise of the movie, "Yeah, Right..."

Regards,

Doug

Royal-1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Noblesville
    <<<SPOILER ALERT>>>

Thanks Doug, I'm not sure that cleared everything up? I really was not saying the movie was all that realistic; I liked Star Wars too, but know that the light sabers were fake. One Bible left is very hard to believe. (by the way good way to spoil the movie for others by telling a major plot line)

What I don't understand is your claiming to be a Christian but anti-Christian at the same time. Your latest comment that
    I belief that each person can worship God in their own way, whether that God is Jehovah, Jesus, Allah, Buddha or their Ancestors. .
    With this in the same message:
    I believe in God. I believe Jesus Christ was his Son and our Savior.
    Really makes me wonder if you get it. The “God” they worship is NOT the same God we worship. Do some real research on this, not just a Google search, and see what their beliefs are and how they do not match up with Christianity. Go to the library and pick up a few books on it.

I believe in tolerance too, but I will not allow my faith to be corrupted by this world. Which is what being secular is. If someone thinks they are in charge and it’s all about them, then they are of this world.

I really do not want to slam you, but you do need to pick a side. There is no sitting on the fence for something like this. By the way, I do consider myself a Bible thumper. I really don't go around thumping it, but I do believe that is the Word of God.

Glad you liked the movie, and that is what this thread is about.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Royal-1,

Not a problem. I understand where you are coming from.

What I am saying is that I really don't believe you "have" to pick a side. I believe my church is preaching the truth. I am a Lutheran, Missouri Synod.

As a good Lutheran several hundred years ago the Catholics were killing us because they knew they were right, and we were thus heretics who were misleading the flock. We were a disease that needed to be cut out. What if they were correct?

I guess my view on the Almighty is one of FAITH. It is something that cannot be proven or disproven. God has given us the great blessing of free will to determine our own path.

What if the Jews are correct and Jesus was nothing more than a very wise and thoughtful Rabbi? That is of course what Jesus was, a Jewish Rabbi. So hypothetically IF the Jews are correct that makes me wrong, thus mislead by my faith.

However, I also believe in a Just & Forgiving God. I am eternally hopeful that if I try my best to understand the whole Word then the Almighty will be "lenient" with me. What if I am correct and those darn Evangelical Lutherans are wrong? Then shouldn't I do everything in my power to convert them? And if I cannot how long should I tolerate their heresy before taking action to purge their well meaning but misguided beliefs that could lead others "astray"?

That is why I have faith that perhaps not a single one of us is really right in the eyes of God, but that a kind and loving God will show each of us mercy and forgiveness.

What I don't want to see is the government making rules based on faith. This is where my secularism intrudes. As an example there was quite a furor some years ago about the Ten Commandments hanging in the courts. I didn't get this. Did the bible thumpers really believe that if we didn't hang them in the court God would somehow be kept out? Or did they believe that IF we hung the Ten Commandments in the court we would somehow compel Gods presence?

To me the presence (or lack thereof) of the Commandments neither compelled Gods presence nor repelled God. If God wants to be in a room what we want or hang on the wall or don't hang on the wall does not matter a whit.

But hey, this is just me. The question that truly bothers me is, "My Lord, what if the Hari Krishna's have it right?" :nailbite:

Kind Regards,

Doug

TGUNTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Plainfield
    My wife my son and I all went yo see it and thought it was a very good movie. Usually I never go to movies but my son was home from Purdue and wanted to see it. Can not say much about it but I don't think you will be disappointed.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    My wife and I went to see this after the AR open house, and it was a great movie. I'll be buying this one when it gets released. Is it too early to pre-order it?

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I really enjoyed watching it. Like someone alluded to earlier. I felt like I was watching a scifi movie inspired by an Old Testament prophet, kinda like Dune. I did have a hard time finding the zombies though. I knew they were in there.

cardsfan05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Haubstadt
    Went to see it yesterday, I thought it was a good movie. Like someone said earlier, It makes you think about what is really important.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Went to see it yesterday, I thought it was a good movie. Like someone said earlier, It makes you think about what is really important.

At one point, the main character was telling the young lady that, during "before", people would throw out things that people now would kill over. I look around my house, at all of the junk that I've built up, and can't help but wonder why I have all of this stuff.

Of course, that doesn't apply to my guns. :cool:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    SPOILER ALERT

I saw this BEFORE the AR meet -n- greet. Man, I was blown away by the movie at the end! Up until that point, I thought it was just okay.

I am more than likely reading much more into this than possibly what the writer/director team would like... but did anyone else notice the sound of an extended exhale happening in silent-esque moments durin the film?

When someone was attacked, when someone died, when someone spoke of prophetic words uttered to them, I (you?) could hear a slight extended long winded breath being exhaled.

While this is not a "Christian" movie... (Christian is a noun, not an adjective but I know what people mean when they say Christian movie), it certainly reminded me of the entomology, or word study, of the Biblical word(s) for Holy Spirit. πνεῦμα, or pnuemos, is the Greek word that is sometimes translated for Holy Spirit. It also does double duty for the words "wind" or specifically in this case... "wind."

The author of Acts says that the Holy Spirit was as if it was a sound of wind coming from Heaven (Acts 2:2-4).

What made me sort of chuckle at the end is when the book is shelved and next to it was the TaNaK... basically the entire Hebrew Testament.

Top Bottom