• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Figured there's an AR show and tell, why not a bolt gun show and tell? Just didn't seem fair... :D

Newly acquired Remington 700 in .308. Not sure the series, but it looks like a Custom VS SF™ II because it has a ported barrel... :dunno: Still looking for a Super Sniper scope that I keep hearing about but the Barska scopes' reviews look to be pretty good too. I can't wait to get it scoped and to the range. Also can't wait to find what ammo she likes best! :D

Remmy700FirstDayHome001.jpg

Remmy700FirstDayHome004.jpg

So let's see 'em boys and girls! Give us some photos and a description! :ingo:

:patriot:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Painted both of these in the past couple of weeks. The one in front is mine, the one to the rear is my shooting partner's.
    IMG_4054_2.jpg

Here's a pic of my 40X trainer, .223 Ackley & .308 (before I painted it)
    IMG_3821.jpg

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    This the only bolt gun I own now other than a bolt action slug gun.
    love the gun hate the scope and ring..the scope is a POS barska and the rings are the only rings I could find to raise the scope up enough to clear the bbl...shoots good so I guess I cant complain to much. Savage 93R17 17hmr

DSCI0420.jpg

DSCI0417-1.jpg

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    What don't you like about the Barska and what power?

its a 6-24x50 varmint scope..its not very clear at all and the reticles are so thin they fade in and out of focus for me. but I didnt expect the scope to be much as it IS barska...the only barska scope I care for are the SWAT models...but for the price of one of those you can get something like a Nikon pro staff or $100 more get a Burris fullfield. I plan on replacing my barska with a Nikon..probably just a 3-9x40 as Im only shooting 100-150yrds max.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Just asking! :D Plus, cmon, an AR show and tell and not a bolt gun show and tell for how many months? :): That's just not fair! :D

Me thinks you are contemplating what scope to put on your new 700.... my guess is ever new picture posted, will get an immediat WHAT SCOPE question.... so i just went ahead and gave you the info in my photo:rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Top Bottom