• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    All the rifles mentioned make good plinkers. At your price point, one of the Savages would make a nice rifle for you. Marlin makes some nice plinkers, as well. The CZ's are very nice, but might be too expensive for your budget. You might shop around the gun stores and gun shows and come up with a nice used older .22 bolt-action in your price range. There are probably a lot of them that sit unused in a closet somewhere. One caution though is that if you get a magazine fed rifle, make sure that replacement magazines are still available. Tube fed rifles are fine. When shopping for a used tube fed rifle, make sure that the tube comes out and goes in easily and locks into place. This is an area that is commonly damaged on .22 rifles.

Nizidramaniiyt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    West Lafayette, IN
    I have a CZ452 trainer I picked up for about $420. It has a beautiful finish and the trigger is amazing. My only gripe is that I can't for the life of me figure out how to fire accurately with those weird iron sights that are on it.

Nizidramaniiyt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    West Lafayette, IN
    Just to add to the list of rifles to try - Norinco makes a copy of the CZ452 called the JW15 (Or something similar to this). It will actually take the CZ452 magazines - that's how close the copy is. You can pick these rifles up for half the price of the CZ. I've considered this often since I'm always worried about dinging up my CZ when I take it out, but I've never pulled the trigger.

Top Bottom