• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Someone gave me a Boker Infinity folder last year and since it has a ceramic
    blade and nobody around here that I knew sharpened a ceramic blade, I sent it to California for sharpening. I was deployed to do disaster relief with FEMA to New York City, andf carried and used it daily, but relegated it to the knife pocket of my 511's, and had a Winchester clip on folder in my pocket for GP. So the universal folder for everyday, and the Boker for serious slicing. Anybody else use a Boker product, a ceramoic blade or an Infinity?:ingo::patriot:

tomindy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Steel Core, I bought a Boker Infinity I think maybe six or seven years ago. I never had used a ceramic blade before and Boker ran an ad in an outdoor magazine stating that they had field dressed over 70 head of big game without sharpening. So I ordered one from Cabelas and used it that year to field dress an Indiana whitetail and it worked fine. Then I tried it on an Indiana fox squirrel and it would not cut through the skin! I went to my Al Mar with ATS 34 steel which again worked perfectly on the squirrel as well as deer time and time again. I was disappointed with the infinity being at that time the most expensive knife I had purchased. Ceramic is very hard and very brittle. The edge it came with was a compromise but the sharper an edge is the less you have to push it and the safer it is. I still have the knife and I can sharpen it with diamonds but it sits in my safe. I have too many other knives that are a pleasure to use. Tom

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks, Tom. Since mine was a GIFT, I had only heard about them. So, I did not mind shelling out the $20 sharpen and return fee to send it to California. I have it back and use it to slice like a razor, but am wary of using it 100% on everything. I have a $5 Wal-Mart Winchester cheap pocket serated folder for pocket use.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Ceramic blades are fascinating, but sharpening them is a deal killer for me. I'll take lower performance for easier maintenance when it comes to something I use as often as my pocket knife.

Top Bottom