• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    I suppose I'm in the minority here but with the proliferation of good/great compact 9mms I can't see why anyone would advocate anything less powerful for SD. :dunno:

The 9MM is better for SD??? The 380 ACP's power can be questioned as a SD round??? Whoa!!! You must be in the small and silent minority because I've never heard or seen that in any thread about the Bodyguard or LCP... I can't see why there has been a proliferation of compact 9mms when there were already many good/great 45 ACP 1911 Officer's models/Ultras... Why would anyone advocate anything less powerful for SD. :dunno:

cmstuard

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I own one and love the gun for what it is. My only complaint is with the laser. When I purchased the gun it functioned fine for 100 rounds. Then the laser when out. I pulled the laser, shipped it to S&W and they replaced. I put the laser back in and it worked fine for a dozen rounds or so. Then the slide would go back more than a couple inches. Pulled it apart and the screw that holds the laser down in the frame backed out and was getting caught. I removed the screw, which wasn’t holding anything down anyway and it’s been a great gun ever since. Laser holds zero and gun is easy to manipulate. Wish it had more capacity, but then again, its small and that’s why I love it. Works well with pock holsters also. It’s difficult to find a holster that carries an extra mag, but found one at the Evansville Gun Show this weekend. This is my primary carry gun due to its size and I always keep my G26 close by.

Last edited:

abraham743

Marksman
    Rating - 98.1%
    51   1   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Indy SS
    my bg .380 functions flawlessly. laser has worked like a champ and it has taken all the different ball ammo I have put through it and a box of remington golden sabre's. I clean it about every 2 weeks to pocket lint from building up.

Top Bottom