• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    4" Rapala fillet knife, balsa handle removed. Prison style shiv handle slipped over the sharp edge. Remove blade, reverse in handle, clean whatever.

Or a Bird/Trout knife
    http://www.coldsteel.com/birdtroutknife.html

csstoreonline_2192_9130465

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    holy cow, those are cheap... are they good quality at that low price?
    Mora's are a good all around general purpose knife that alot of people swear by. I would'nt go out and beat them like a higher end knife with top of the line steel but they are more than capable of handling alot of medium use tasks. I own a couple of them and have never had a problem. The one I use the most is the "Force" model.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    mora's are a amazing bang for you buck knife. they are like lasers and hold a great edge and are crazy crazy light. perfect bob knife or food prep simple camp chore knife. if you lose it or somehow break it your only out about 20 bucks.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I agree on any thing esee (love the 5 for bug out bag) Moras ar great also and lots of bang for the buck, they just feel too light to me but thats me they have a cult following and it is well deserved. I will mention my new bargin favorite brand "Condor". The hudson bay knife makes a great bug out knife. I have been abusing one for about a month trying to find fault and I cant, I really really like mine. In the smaller size I bought a condor bushlore in the micarta and it also has been great.( maybe a tad thick for the length but I see it as a bargin bravo 1 another of my favs). both Condors are in the $40 range
    That said in full disclosure I have a Grayman Mega pounder in one bag and a Grayman Darfur Defender in my other bag just because I know they are bomb proof.

Last edited:

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Another vote for the Mora as a general use fixed blade, as opposed to a fighting knife for a war belt or chest rig. It is durable, sharp, and has a high carbon steel blade (I think they also make a stainless, don't get that one for a BOB) that works great with a fire steel.

Top Bottom