• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    I struggle to feel saddened by this. Left a wife and 2 kids behind...... Money and fame can't buy everything....

I feel very similarly. I cannot imagine ever doing anything to intentionally separate myself for my wife and two daughters. In my opinion suicide is a very selfish act usually committed in desperation. Hard to fathom what would make someone think that was the only way out of whatever situation they found themselves in.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Some people just can't handle their demons. I had a family member who struggled with substance abuse and all of the things that come along with it like theft etc. No spouse or kids but they ended their life. After 20+ years of trying to get clean, they felt there was no reason in trying anymore. It was like a cancer that there was no cure for.

Yes, most people are cowards but some are not. I don't know what Dave was dealing with but don't be too quick to judge.

Last edited:

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Some people just can't handle their demons. I had a family member who struggled with substance abuse and all of the things that come along with it like theft etc. No spouse or kids but they ended their life. After 20+ years of trying to get clean, they felt there was no reason in trying anymore. It was like a cancer that there was no cure for.

Yes, most people are cowards but some are not. I don't know what Dave was dealing with but don't be to quick to judge.

I agree. I have seen people so consumed by depression that they could never find their way out and decided to end the constant suffering. It's a sad way to go. No one really understands the demons unless they have been there themselves.

Unfortunately, it's another gun violence statistic for the anti's.

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    They always talk about head trauma in football players leading to problems. I just wonder if they will see that trend in older extreme sports people? I skateboarded for a while as a teenager and took a few good hits to the head. I wasn't even that "extreme" or did it daily for a living.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It's easy for us to sit here and judge, very easy. I've had a friend/co-worker kill himself 4 years ago, my brother 2 years ago, and currently I am fighting to keep a good friend/co-worker from doing the same after a couple of attempts. I've seen the destruction left behind, it's awful. In their right mind they would have NEVER taken themselves away from their families. However, they are NOT in their right minds. That's the problem. We are using rational thought to judge an irrational mind.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Why do people always call people who kill themselves cowards? I'd imagine it takes pretty big balls to put a gun to your own head and pull the trigger. What about people who are terminally ill and decide they would rather die than keep suffering 24 hours a day..are they cowards too?

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I met him a few years ago at a car rally event. He was really nice to talk to and anyone who came up to him for a picture or an autograph he did so with a smile on his face. Sad day for his family indeed.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's easy for us to sit here and judge, very easy. I've had a friend/co-worker kill himself 4 years ago, my brother 2 years ago, and currently I am fighting to keep a good friend/co-worker from doing the same after a couple of attempts. I've seen the destruction left behind, it's awful. In their right mind they would have NEVER taken themselves away from their families. However, they are NOT in their right minds. That's the problem. We are using rational thought to judge an irrational mind.

:+1:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom