• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    I have been in many gun shops big and small and I prever to buy from Blythes. I normally go to the valpo store but griffith is just as good. I am glad to hear they did not lose a loyal customer.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    After months of reading ingo and various sites on the net I went to Blythes in Griffith to handle some of the guns I was interested in. I was very green but I had done a lot of research on the features of various models and wanted to see those differences in person. The counter guys treated me like an idiot and even though the store was pretty much empty they did their best to ignore me and act disinterested in helping me. My questions received mostly one word answers and a condecending attitude.

Many months ago I was shopping for holsters and they didn't have what I was looking for. The salesman told me he never heard of a nylon pocket holster, no one made them, and the idea of using one was a bad one.

Last week I thought about trading in a firearm that is in great demand right now. They offered me about 1/4 of that they are selling for. I found their attitude hostile and unfriendly

On my first visit there I was anxious to form a relationship with local gun shop close to my house where I could learn as well as purchase. Since i was a new Indiana resident from the state bordering on the west I had some catching up to do with my collection as I had a bad feeling that gun rights were going to be restricted and prices would rise. I could have bought a very nice car with the money I have spent on firearms, ammo, and accessories since my first visit to Blythes. None of it was spent with the shop I had origionally hoped to have a relationshp with.

This was all at the Griffith store, I won't return there again.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    i have bought a few guns from blythes in the past. both stores are hit or miss sometimes there good sometimes bad. i do like the valpo store a little better and they do have a nice range with a very helpful lady that runs it. if you feel like blythes isnt for you theres not a whole lot around the griffith store but try westforths its on 47th i beleive its a small place but i have had great expiriences there in the past.:rockwoot:

ar15junkie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Behind enemy lines
    I went to blythes in Griffith last week to help a young lady buy her first firearm. We look for a second and the lady behind the counter says, choose quickly we're closing. We did an about face and walked out the door. I've never been to a place with such open contempt towards their customers. Unreal.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I went to blythes in Griffith last week to help a young lady buy her first firearm. We look for a second and the lady behind the counter says, choose quickly we're closing. We did an about face and walked out the door. I've never been to a place with such open contempt towards their customers. Unreal.
    Go to the Valpo store. I hate the idiots in Griffith, but I'll drive all the way to Valpo to buy from them.

Mr.Johnny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was at Valpo and Cabelas today. I have bought several handguns from Valpo as well as helping a neighbor that was widowed sell over 20 guns to Blythes. They were very fair. Yes I did get a few for myself before selling them. I never sold or traded online and am new to this INGO but wish I would have known. Again, Blythes is my store!

Top Bottom