• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are Blythe's prices a turn off for you?

• Total voters

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Used to buy from the Griffith store all the time. Now not at all, the customer service is lacking and the pistols are on a wall about 10 feet from the customers. Hard to read the sales price from 10 feet. I usually have to ask someone to flip the sign over so I can see if I want to see the gun or laugh at the price. They used to have a barrel of guns that was fun to look thru, but as of late all my business goes to the 1500 or Cabelas. Sad, they once had great pricing and friendly staff, now it is depressing just spending time in the store.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I personally get great deals from Blythes i always get them to negotiate on price. and normally get some extras thrown in with the deal. I have nothing bad to say about them.

This has been my experience and my brothers as well,
    You want to see high prices, look at MidWest Gun

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I have probably paid for Blythe's new indoor range in the amount of money Ive spent there over the past years. I have also established friendships with staff at both locations. The only times I have seen guns priced out of the ballpark is when they have a limited supply on a highly sought after weapon. I have done a lot of trading with them and usually (not always) come out even. IMO, the staff is very knowledgable and friendly at both Griffith and Valpo. I admit that I don't do all my gun trading/buying at Blythes. I spread my business evenly and shop for the best bang for my buck. Another thing that I have learned, in most cases, Blythes usually has "The Gun" you've heard about but never seen anywhere else. Get to know the guys there and always know how much your willing to pay before you engage in coversation. My last experience (3 weeks ago), I went in looking for a G21 Gen 4 at the Griffith Store. They had only one (1) in stock and marked $599. I walked out with a new gun and only payed $525.

They have good prices - my vote!

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I've only bought small stuff at the Valpo. Looking for 12 ga. #4 buck some months ago, the Valpo store was higher than the Griffith Store. Since I live nearer the Griffith store, I just stopped on my way back home and bought from Griffith.

I never really 'haggle' on prices, but that's just me. If I'm wanting a firearm they have in stock (Griffith), I know what I want / intend to pay BEFORE I even walk in. However, I do NOT 'grind'. I figure out a good price for me and a fair profit for them beforehand. After all, they ARE in the business to make a profit. That's fair. Could care less what their 'tag' states for a price. I offer them the price I've pre-determined based on my own research, take it and sell the gun, or hang it back on the wall, their choice.

A few times I've left empty-handed, especially during the 'panic', LOL. But typically... let's just say I have a decent inventory. ;)

YMMV, of course. But I've got no gripes about Blythe's. I've been treated fairly, and always have an enjoyable experience with all the staff.

Of course, being ultra-:cool: doesn't hurt...
    :lol2: .....:lol2:..... :lol2:..... :lol2:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Blythes VALPO has always had better prices & friendlier service than the Blythes store in GRIFFITH.

Sometimes its a matter of who knows who. I do well with the guys in Griffith, but I've been buying guns there since the 1980s. It's also a matter of talking to the right person. If you talk to an employee, they can only do so much. The key is to talk to one of the owners.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have bought 2 guns at Blythes Valpo. They were tagged a little higher than others I had seen, but without much hassle, they came right down to what the same guns were selling elsewhere for or maybe a bit below. I voted "fair".

bob190e

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2010
    Valparaiso
    Been shopping at Blythes in Valpo for over 10 years and will continue to do so. I am treated like a person not a number, always given fair deals on my trades and if Im selling. They have a very friendly environment. I am a loyal customer and support my small business. So my vote is also answer C they have good prices, you're an idiot.

Top Bottom