• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bluffton, In
    The public needs to be educated regarding the law. From the News Banner yesterday. Education is needed whether we agree with open carry or not. perhaps some letters to the editors?

[Moderator Edit for copyright rule]
    It was a mwag report of a gentleman at Wal-Mart OCing his firearm with a newly acquired "open carry permit." The caller reported that the man appeared to be reaching for his weapon.
    [/end Moderator Edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    How is an open carry permit obtained.

The License to Carry a Handgun does not specify open or concealed carry. It just tells everyone you paid your tax to carry and passed a state background check. Indiana requires that you have that license before you can take your firearm for a ride.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    The License to Carry a Handgun does not specify open or concealed carry. It just tells everyone you paid your tax to carry and passed a state background check. Indiana requires that you have that license before you can take your firearm for a ride.

I believe Coach was being facetious. :yesway:

Oldman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bluffton, In
    It is a police report and the education needed is for the general public so people don't have a sclit fit every time they see a gun.

I am pretty sure you need a subscription to view the paper in its entirety. I copied and pasted the information...if my word isn't good enough so be it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It is a police report and the education needed is for the general public so people don't have a sclit fit every time they see a gun.

I am pretty sure you need a subscription to view the paper in its entirety. I copied and pasted the information...if my word isn't good enough so be it.

Your word is fine for me.

Although the info is not entirely accurate, this report actually does convey the fact that open carry is legal with a "permit" (we know it's a license and allows concealed carry as well.)

Hopefully, the readers will surmise that he didn't actually commit any infraction of the law, in which case his arrest would have likely been reported in the same item.

Just my open carrying :twocents:.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne

My wife is from Bluffton, so I know all too well what hits the News Banner. Smallest fender benders, speeding, switching lanes too close to a intersect, public intox, ect.... Your word was good enough for me as soon as I saw Bluffton / New Banner... :yesway:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Well, if my gun malfunctioned as much as his Para, I would find religion too! :D :laugh: :cheers:
    Sarcasm is just one of my my talents. And yes that is what I was doing.

Working on the religion, and the Para is in TN getting fixed.:rockwoot:

Oldman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bluffton, In
    The public needs to be educated regarding the law. From the News Banner yesterday. Education is needed whether we agree with open carry or not. perhaps some letters to the editors?

[Moderator Edit for copyright rule]
    It was a mwag report of a gentleman at Wal-Mart OCing his firearm with a newly acquired "open carry permit." The caller reported that the man appeared to be reaching for his weapon.
    [/end Moderator Edit]

I messed up by copying the blurb from the newspaper. I do apologize for violating the rule. I post on golf and political forums almost daily and never have run across that rule. I did not know but ignorance is no excuse.

Top Bottom